Views: 2561|Replies: 10

Your views: Obama's Iraq pullout plan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-3 14:40:26 |Display all floors
Barack Obama, the US president, has announced that US combat forces will leave Iraq by August 2010. A transitional force will remain in the country after this deadline to help the "transition to full Iraqi responsibility". The transitional force will leave at the end of 2011 as mandated in the Status of Forces Agreement. What will this mean for Iraq and the US? Is Obama right to pull troops out of Iraq and put more into Afghanistan? What now for Iraq?
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-3 16:35:48 |Display all floors

Reply #1 yuan_zcen's post

It's hard to say.

It could go a few ways...
(1) There is plenty of weapons now in Mesopotamia. There are three tribes living there, Kurds, Shiates, Sunnis.
(2) The Sunnis traditionally are the NATIONALIST, and they are keen to use FORCE if necessary to control Mesopotamia, the Shia has Basra, the Kurd, Kirkuk...both are large crude oil and gas producing area. The Shia government is likely to face oppositiion, thus civil war.
(3) All three faction has their foreign backers in Russia/Turkey, Persia, Arab-GCC world.

I do believe a CIVIL WAR will break out.

We know the crude oil fields are largely in Basra....Kuwait...and then Eastern Seaboard of Saudi Arabia.
Outbreak of violence could spread quickly.

This could threaten JAPAN, KOREA and Taiwan. China would not be so seriously affected.
(Mr. Obama must have just calculated, he is anti war, and he needs to save money for the American people, he might not want to know the consequence of instability)

Luckily, Japan, China, Korea is expanding, even subsidizing new crude oil production in Central Asia, Russia and Brazil.
We might need to help the Arab-GCC protect their borders....but it's unlikely a Shia government in Mesopotamia will be tolerated.

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-3 16:52:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2009-3-3 14:40
Barack Obama, the US president, has announced that US combat forces will leave Iraq by August 2010. A transitional force will remain in the country after this deadline to help the "transition  ...

Pull troops from Iraq should be done as soon as possible!
More into Afghanistan, please don't!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-3 18:00:14 |Display all floors
I hope the lesson is not lost on relevant parties.  Its a false pullout; Irack is still pregnant with risks and violence.  Someone knows it and has sense enough to keep the tip of the forces in place ready to thrust and pound if the bitch of terror act up again; so screw all those idiots who bought into the whole hopenchange shebang. Let this be a lesson to you girls, don't trust the odd silver tongued stranger that comes along promising the world.

And to greendragon, Shias in Irack are Iraqis same as the Sunnis; tribes will not be the words I use. More a religious division.  Iraqi Shias are nationalists too.  Iran has only marginal influence on the current Shi tes in power in Baghdad; their tool Moqtada didn't do very well in the recent election.  Its an election result for Iraqi nationalism, or more appropirately for centralised authority;  the Sunni failed to have good showing.

[ Last edited by diaboloist at 2009-3-3 06:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-3 18:37:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 15:11:59 |Display all floors
So far it seems most of you don't approve withdrawal.

[ Last edited by yuan_zcen at 2009-3-4 03:13 PM ]
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 12:11:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2009-3-4 15:11
So far it seems most of you don't approve withdrawal.

I think that they have been in Iraq for far too long now and it is time that they started another war on some other poor unsuspecting nation, now lets see what excuse can they use to invade? I know they will invade Afghanistan because they are beating the U.S and the Anglo's, hmm now when they pull out from that one who is next? Iran? N.Korea? after those two who? Russia, China?

one thing people should be careful of my ememies enemy is not really my freind and I shall not help my enemies enemy as if I do then when my enemy has been beaten then he will turn on me when his enemy attacks me.

sectarianism divide and conquer find out what diffences the people have in the land that you target and exploit those differences.
how Amerika was robbed, sell/trade weapons to a freindly tribe get them to kill their brothers, get some other tribe to attack the ones you sold the arms to, another false flag job and you have all of that land for yourself, dont forget to ply them with whiskey and poison them now and again just to keep their numbers down.
What excuse will they use to attack China? Tibet probably, just watch out for so-called Tibetan's becoming suicide bombers as they will hail from India and be C.I.A trained and disguised as Monks, dont be fooled as this is to get up Chinese hatred against Tibetans and vice-versa, this is how they have always carved up countries.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.