Views: 15290|Replies: 28

travel in china [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-25 06:28:07 |Display all floors
i am a 62 year old male is it safe to travel in china i will be traveling for 4 months i want to see most of your wonderfull country

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-25 11:47:26 |Display all floors

Welcome and good luck

Hi, this is cherry , local Chinese. I just give some suggeations and good wishes.

If you want to travel and stay in China 4 months (It's not a short time).
Of course, you should do good and full preparation, like your travelling plan, living place, weather,....
If you travel alone in China, if you can speak some chinese, it will be better.
Not only for you, a foreigner, but also for us, local chinese, we should care our security more when we are outside.
We can't deny there are some bad people everywhere. Especially for a foreigner, maybe someone want to cheat you purposelly.
Hehe, you are an intelligent, mature, expericenced man, you should much to protect yourself. But pls don't worry too much,
because most of Chinese are friendly . If you have some friends or relatives in Chia, it's also helpful for you.

No amtter, don't image China is dangerous. Just welcome you to come here to enjoy our great Country.

Good luck!:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-25 14:29:38 |Display all floors
I'm a foreigner living here in China and I haven't come across any issues. But it also depends on what parts of China you will be visiting. If your going to larger cities, especially guangzhou then you have a higher chance of running into, mostly pickpocketers and stuff so keep your stuff close by, money in front pockets, things like that. But somebody holding you at gun point is not really an issue here.

You'll be more then fine and you'll enjoy it I'm sure. Also, speaking some Chinese, mainly foods, yes and things like I don't know will be helpful mainly to yourself. When I got here I didn't speak a lick of Chinese but I'm getting around now so ya pick it up being submerged in this place as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-25 17:35:19 |Display all floors
many thanks for your reply to me ,,i cant speak any chinese but i have been to other countries in asia and got along fairly well  and i allways think people are curiose and will try to speak with you i am sure i will enjoy my stay in china i want to see as much as poss especially shengzhen with its beautiful gardens and of course the great wall of china regards DEN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-25 18:13:33 |Display all floors
Yes he is just advertising his company, thats why i didn't bother to read his post, just the ones after to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

It's obvious your not here to promote any websites so your welcome to just post the site you are recommending. It's different when your first 2 post are talking about a company and obviously trying to send everybody in that direction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-26 15:18:41 |Display all floors

HELLO

Originally posted by denolie at 2009-2-25 17:35
many thanks for your reply to me ,,i cant speak any chinese but i have been to other countries in asia and got along fairly well  and i allways think people are curiose and will try to speak with y ...

If you travel to shenzhen, I think it's a good choice. Shenzhen as an internatin city now, there are many foreigners living here now.
This city (downtown) has beautiful building and service construction.
But you'd better learn some simple chinese, like "asking where you want to go, how much, go to the toilet..."
Most of youth in shenzhen can speak and listen some english,  so if you meet some problems, you can ask some one for help.
Also be careful who can believe or not and don't take much cash money in hand or pocket.

I am in dongguan, the city close to shenzhen, if you have some questions, contact me freely.

:):) Good luck and enjoy it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-3 04:20:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhying0581 at 2009-2-26 15:18

If you travel to shenzhen, I think it's a good choice. Shenzhen as an internatin city now, there are many foreigners living here now.
This city (downtown) has beautiful building and servic ...

tthankyou zhying you are a truely  nice lady ,,i wont hesitate to ask your advice ,,just as soon as i have made my plans

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.