Views: 2385|Replies: 8

Marrige of boy and bitch [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-20 13:48:03 |Display all floors
Indian boy weds dog to ward off tiger attack: report
(Agencies)
Updated: 2009-02-19 14:44

NEW DELHI – A group of Indian tribals have married off a toddler to a female dog in eastern India in a bid to prevent his predicted death at the hands of a tiger, a report said Wednesday.

The ceremony at a Hindu temple in Orissa state's Jajpur district was conducted with all the rituals observed at traditional weddings, including a dowry for the bride -- the village bitch.

The dog sported two silver rings and a silver chain, the UNI news agency reported.

Parents of the groom, one-and-a-half year old Sangula, were advised to arrange the marriage when they noticed a tooth growing from their infant son's upper gum -- considered a bad omen.

Community elders believed the growth would lead to the boy being killed in a tiger attack -- a fate preventable, according to tribal tradition, by marrying a dog.

Sanrumula Munda, Sangula's father, said the ceremony would not prevent him from marrying properly when he comes of age.

Superstition is still a potent force in tribal and remote communities of India.
上传图片.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-22 13:53:02 |Display all floors

Reply #1 gorbachev's post

Ridiculous....One tooth in upper gum decides that boy's marriage to a dog....

That kind of stupid superstition should be totally eradicated....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-22 15:35:39 |Display all floors
make no sense at all..

but such things could also have happened or still happening in rural china..who knows...superstition has great power over mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 15:43:05 |Display all floors
Why? They didn't forbid him from normal marrige with girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 19:27:04 |Display all floors
When I read such post I learn more about the ignorance, racism, and non respect than what I learn about this indian culture.
It's reaaly horrifying to see tomorrows world will be made of peoples like robertcheng or yuanxincheng who think they can decide what is "civilization" what is good or bad and especially think they hae the right to judge. I spent 10 years of my life to study anthrppology , and one of the things I learn is that those who say what is good or bad are generaaly the badest and the most backward in their brain.

Only the barbarian believe in barbary

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 20:15:17 |Display all floors

Originally posted by yasawakic at 2009-3-4 19:27
When I read such post I learn more about the ignorance, racism, and non respect than what I learn about this indian culture.
It's reaaly horrifying to see tomorrows world will be made of peoples  ...

what're you talking about?~ you think it's right to marry a baby to a dog??

who on earth is judging here?!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-4 20:57:16 |Display all floors
what're you talking about?~ you think it's right to marry a baby to a dog??

In YOUR society, marry a baby with a dog is a strange (and disgusting) thing, but the problem is that 1) we are not talking about YOUR society or YOUR culture, so please dont take YOUR culture for the center of the world, 2) You and Me dont know even a little about the wedding meaning and symbolic mean in this culture, I'm sorry, but even if I'm ignorant about this culture, I can read books and even read a lot about world ethnic culture diversity, and YOUR marriage doesn even make any sense in many many culture around the world. You even dont know what is the meaning and the future symbolic implication of this "mariage between baby and dog", for you, its just an argument to clam one more time how your "civilization" (where people are treated less than dog) is SUPERIOR to these "backward" peoples: you just consider the affective and especially sexual implication between husband and wife in a mariage, wich certainely dont make any sense in this culture.
There are cultures in this world, especially in china, where men have special relation with gods animals.
There are cultures in this world where men are selled to the women house, where men move on  to their spouse hourse where men take the name of their mother, where women have the house and give their name to their son and daugther.
There are cultures in this world where the word "wedding" or "marriage" even dont exist. That's not mean that these cultures are "backward ", just they had made other choice, and these choices are infinetely varied in our wolrd diversity.
I'm sorry, this just a typical example of YOUR ignorance, ethnocentrism and even your racism toward those who have different culture. WIth people like you, We will soon all live in DYsneyland and all watch warner bros holliwood movies! sh.t!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.