Views: 4751|Replies: 6

坐在茶馆聊天的教学方式 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-15 18:27:13 |Display all floors
刚入校园时,对这种坐在茶馆聊天的教学方式,在感到好玩之余,还有一丝恐惧。

When first entering college, while enjoying the novel teaching method which features free discussions among the students and the teacher in a teahouse-style classroom, she was also filled with a bit of misgiving.

I don't quite like my present translation. I'd like to see more versions...

thanks in advance
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2009-2-15 18:44:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-15 22:12:18 |Display all floors

When new into college, I was amused as much as awed/alarmed by such a tea-house-discussion-type teaching style.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-16 12:51:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tumujerome at 2009-2-15 22:12

When new into college, I was amused as much as awed/alarmed by such a tea-house-discussion-type teaching style.

:) 喜欢这个。
我也喜欢这种方式,但没尝试过。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-16 13:21:54 |Display all floors

thanks for your replies

刚入校园时,对这种坐在茶馆聊天的教学方式,在感到好玩之余,还有一丝恐惧。她笑着说:“那时隔壁班的同学都在听课,我却感觉自己什么都不会。”李猛当时也有恐惧,但原因不同,他苦恼于“没有计划和方向性,看不见对手,就像赛跑,看不见对手,不知是领先很远还是被落下很远。”

Li Mengyuan: When first entering college, while enjoying the novel teaching method which features free discussions among the students and the teacher in a teahouse-style classroom, she was also filled with a bit of misgiving.

“At that time, the students of other classes were taking courses that we were not required to study”, she said smiling, “but I felt I was still in the dark and knew nothing”.

Li Meng, her classmate, was also filled a qualm of apprehension, but on a different ground: he was disturbed by a lack of orientation and prospect.

“I felt like an athlete running on the competition track but unable to see my competitors”, he said, “I did not know if I was in a leading position or was left far behind by them.”

The above are the whole paragraph where the stentence appears and my translation of it.

Any commens and criticisms are welcome. :)
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-16 13:27:26 |Display all floors
discussion over tea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-17 09:03:49 |Display all floors
I suggest something like the following:

When she just started college, to this teaching method of sitting in a tea-house and having conversations, her feeling was curiosity, enjoyment, and a little bit of apprehension. She said with a smile: "At that time, students in the next class all attended lectures. I felt incapable of doing anything." Li Meng also had some apprenhension, but for a different reason: he felt uneasy for "the absence of plan and direction, and a lack of tangible opponents. Just like not being able to see your opponents in a race, you have no idea whether you are far ahead or way behind."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.