Views: 12335|Replies: 45

Chinese PM shoe protester pleads not guilty! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-11 13:11:01 |Display all floors
CAMBRIDGE (AFP) – The student protester accused of throwing a shoe at Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao in Cambridge last week pleaded not guilty to a public order offence Tuesday.

Martin Jahnke, a 27-year-old German student at Cambridge University, spoke only to confirm his name and address, and to enter his plea at the city's magistrates' court. His case was adjourned until March 10.

On Tuesday Jahnke -- wearing a black suit, a blue shirt and black slip-on shoes -- was given unconditional bail. He was told that if he did not appear in court next month he would be committing an imprisonable offence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 13:39:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2009-2-11 13:11
CAMBRIDGE (AFP) – The student protester accused of throwing a shoe at Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao in Cambridge last week pleaded not guilty to a public order offence Tuesday.

Martin Jahnke, a 27 ...

I think he should say sorry to Chinese Premier and regret over what he has done in public. But I haven't seen any sign by now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 14:08:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peaceloving at 2009-2-11 14:39

I think he should say sorry to Chinese Premier and regret over what he has done in public. But I haven't seen any sign by now.

Lucky fellow he didn't do the shoe throwing in Iraq ..

Al-Zaidi appeared before a judge (not in court but in jail over fears that his injuries could cause anger amongst the public if he was to appear in court)[citation needed] on December 16, 2008, and admitted "aggression against a president." The court decided to keep him in custody. A spokesman for the Iraqi court said that al-Zaidi would face charges of attacking a head of state.[95] Dheyaa al-Saadi, the head of the Iraqi Bar Association and one of its most high-profile attorneys, said that he had volunteered to defend al-Zaidi.[96] Judge Dhiya al-Kenani said the court had refused the journalist's request for bail "for the sake of the investigation and for his own security".[97] According to Abdul Satar Birqadr, spokesman for Iraq's High Judicial Council, al-Zaidi is charged with "assaulting a foreign head of state visiting Iraq."[9
souce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntader_al-Zaidi

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 14:24:47 |Display all floors
He should probably write an apology to Wen; Wen, for his part, has been a good sport about the whole matter.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 14:44:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2009-2-11 14:24
He should probably write an apology to Wen; Wen, for his part, has been a good sport about the whole matter.

Exactly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 14:58:23 |Display all floors
DID NOT SEE YOU AT sz TO COLLECT MY SNACKS OL
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-11 15:06:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-2-11 14:58
DID NOT SEE YOU AT sz TO COLLECT MY SNACKS OL

I haven't seen you for days. How have you been? Have you enjoyed a good holiday? Happy new year and happy lantern festival to you!:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.