Views: 3271|Replies: 5

这句话逻辑是否有问题啊? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-6 23:08:10 |Display all floors
In Q2 2008, the Asian Top 15 stocks showed the best performance, whilst the European stocks were the weakest performers. However, this was more than compensated by a very strong absolute and relative performance for the Asian top-picks.

后半句没看懂。

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2009-2-6 23:17:48 |Display all floors
是有问题。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 23:31:08 |Display all floors
Do not hurry to make conclusion as for the correctness of the original; doubt first if you have correctly understood the jargons used. Though I cannot give a happy rendition of the sentence, I do not see anything problematic about it.

absolute and relative performance is obviously a fixed term that is modified by "strong"
The bluest of all souls

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 23:48:54 |Display all floors
我正在查啥叫绝对表现和相对表现。。。。

absolute and relative performance for the Asian top-picks

为什么这里是for,而不是of?

[ Last edited by littleboat at 2009-2-7 12:24 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-7 00:50:28 |Display all floors

逻辑是否有问题

It depends on what "this" refers to. It may be referring to the performance of the entire portfolio (Top Asian 15 + Top European 15+ Top US 15, compared to a target). In this case the sentence would make sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-7 09:28:17 |Display all floors
By "this", I guess the author meant the entire Asian market. Essentially, the author was trying to say that although the top performers in the Asian stock market is very impressive, the entire Asian market may not be that impressive. If this is the case, I agree that the author could have expressed it in a much better way.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.