Views: 4635|Replies: 24

As a daughter of family,when do I become ONLY the money-making machine? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-6 19:20:34 |Display all floors
When I think about that,I feel deeply sad inside.It was like more than 10 years, I sent money to my parents every year,whatever how hard life I had outside of the city without any friends and family members.I think my parents should have known that.but more I feel that they only care about how much money I earned each month or each deals.the rest they do not even ask as I am their daugher. My bf and I had longer relationship,they want us first to have our own apartment or buildings,otherwise ,do not think to get married.My brother is going to get married soon this year,they told him we left you apartment in the city.if you want to sell it,sell it and buy another one in another city...what about me? where is my contribution to the family? where is my money goes? as my father promised me to save them for me..now I need money for doing more businesses,he did not say anythings about that...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 19:28:33 |Display all floors
I am the daughter of my parents?
sometimes I suspect of that truth,the fact is I am their bloody real daughter...many years of habit,they took my contribution as granted,they think I am able person which has power to do many things for them.  so sorry to tell you more,that my brother can't support himself yet,he uses the money from me and from my parents. as he doesn't need to work hard to earn the apartment which is more expensive to buy ,see,my parents left for him...

when a big things happend on me, I wish my parents would understand me and support me,but no,they don't support me for my things ,,,when I said good bye for them,my mother wish me and my fiancee for good money and businesses,still ,,,is about the money...

I can not talk more...
it's not my parents fault,
it should be my fault..
I can't blame anybody else...

[ Last edited by greatlady at 2009-2-6 07:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 19:49:58 |Display all floors

I'm awfully sorry to hear it

And I hate to say it but your parents seem to be typically biased in taking care of issues between the son and the daughter!

I'm a girl too and luckily the only child of my parents, but if I were in your position, I'd cry and feel extremely unfair....but what to do as you said they're your parents...It's a tough tough problem~~but dear, please don't blame yourself!! Never!! It's not your fault since you've done every bit of your best to support the family~~You should be proud of what you have done!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 21:57:52 |Display all floors

Hate to say, but when it comes to money and family (or friends)...

... borrower nor a lender be.

- William Shakespeare
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 21:59:33 |Display all floors

If you are in survival mode in your business...

... and you feel that your parents have stabbed you in the back with their actions, then tell them to rely on their only son to support them.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 22:07:15 |Display all floors

in our SOCIETY only girls make sense...

that's true only girls care about her parents & almost all of the girls bringing home money to their parents.  and GUYS, we still need to work on this subject for another century i think  

BTW...most of my savings go to girls...i mean good girls (you kno what kind of gal i want)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-6 22:30:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2009-2-6 19:28
I am the daughter of my parents?
sometimes I suspect of that truth,the fact is I am their bloody real daughter...many years of habit,they took my contribution as granted,they think I am able perso ...

My heart goes with you!

Your brother should also share your "duty" since he is the son of your parents

You are not a money tree

And should not be treated as one

You need to draw a line between you and your parents

If they destroy the source of their only income (I am assuming) by sucking on you

They are asking for big trouble!

What is the daughter's obligation to her Parents in the 21st century in China?

Maybe you need to come up with your own rules and draw your line!

It is hard for outsiders to offer concrete suggestions to your situation

Because only you know the details of your family dynamic!

But one thing I am sure

You have your own life to live

So plan your life well and draw your line!

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.