Views: 7936|Replies: 14

搞艺术的“搞” [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-30 15:34:06 |Display all floors
"只要听到有人说:“我是艺术的。”我就想发笑,一是因为“”这个字过于随意,是对艺术的不敬;二是因为,艺术如此高深,岂是你能“”的 ,绝大部分人能够正确认识它就已经很有福了。"

随意浏览一个博客,看到如上一句话,真是忍俊不禁,同时又想,如果翻译,在“搞”这个问题上,如何处理才能较好地传达原文的效果呢?

I feel like laughing every time I hear someone claiming, “I am an art worker”, not only because the word “worker” seems to me wanting in solemnity and shows lack of respect for art, but also because, in my opinion, profound as it is, art is by no means something for you to “work” on, and for the overwhelming majority of people, it is already a blessing to be able to have a correct appreciation of it.

勉强给出一个自己的译文,借此抛砖引玉
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2009-1-30 18:49:58 |Display all floors

hehehe, give it a try for fun...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-30 20:07:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rovi297 at 1-30-2009 18:49
我是搞艺术的 --- well, you know, I am just doing / dealing with some stuff like art...

这种说法更有幽默感,deal with, some stuff都体现出来了,不过原文“我是搞艺术的”在中文里其实是句很自然很常见的一句话,并没有拿艺术不当回事的意思,但用现在的英语表达,这种意思就明显得多。不过使用这种措辞,在后文制造幽默感的空间更大
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-31 05:44:31 |Display all floors

DO is neutral enough for 搞.

I do art.
I've been doing art for years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-31 16:02:43 |Display all floors

yes,

Do is a near equivalent of 搞。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-31 16:21:32 |Display all floors
Thanks for your relies. So is it ok to just replace the "work" in my rendition with the "do" you recommend and get a version like this?

"只要听到有人说:“我是艺术的。”我就想发笑,一是因为“”这个字过于随意,是对艺术的不敬;二是因为,艺术如此高深,岂是你能“”的 ,绝大部分人能够正确认识它就已经很有福了。"
I feel like laughing every time I hear someone claiming, “I do art”, not only because the word “do” seems to me wanting in solemnity and shows lack of respect for art, but also because, in my opinion, profound as it is, art is by no means something for you to “do” ; actually,  for the overwhelming majority of people, it is already a blessing just to be able to have a moderate appreciation of it.

When I first read the Chinese original, I could not help laughing, but I am not sure, really I doubt, if the above translation will have the same humorous effect on a foreign reader. I am looking forward to more full renditions of the original.
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-31 17:19:45 |Display all floors
无论搞的是艺术还是男人/女人,都可以用do。

I do art.

I do music.

I did him/her last night.

I do translation from French to English since 1995.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.