Author: Andy99

My Chinese Girlfriend Troubles. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-10 11:57:47 |Display all floors
All the one's ive communicated with told me that healthcare in China is very expensive so if you get a major illness you need big bucks or you die.

Thats one good reason i would not live in China even though the cost of living excluding rocketing property prices is much cheaper than in the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-10 16:09:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-6-10 04:27
Actually, Alex, I'm all praises for you for your cross cultural experimentation's because that is a quality and daring that I admit I'll never have ...

Please bear in mind however, my cont ...

just out of curiousity....does the same apply for male Chinese? Do they lose their "Chineseness" if they sleep with foreign girls, or even marry them? Aren`t they Chinese anymore? Or only "your" women?^^ Coz I know quite some Chinese men happily married with French,German,American,....women. Not as many as male foreigners with Chinese girls but........

So, what says your book about them?^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 07:02:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-10 00:09

just out of curiousity....does the same apply for male Chinese? Do they lose their "Chineseness" if they sleep with foreign girls, or even marry them? Aren`t they Chinese anymore? O ...

well... believe it or not... for those who does fancy white meat over yellow flesh, I have no idea what they go through I because, even before puberty, i promised my wife, whoever she'll be that then of course, that  i wouldn't touch anyone except her and... whew!!! i kept my promise ...

anyhow, i am of a large family where some distant cousins, nieces and nephews, does go for white meat, one went for a cuban even, and i can tell you this much: on the surface, though we (people of my school) won't openly show our feelings, but, the boy's and girls who does go for white or other proteins does get the cold and fake shoulder...
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 08:16:06 |Display all floors

edisonone.

What about older divorced Chinese women seeking laowai ?

They tell me they are shunned by Chinese men as ' used goods ' but i cant see how that works for the older divorced men themselves.  Surely they arn't all pulling young Chinese chicks the second time around.  Not your average guy anyway.

If this is true then wanting out of China with a Westerner who might appreciate them a bit more would seem a logical choice.  They've been fed a notion that we are more romantic and passionate, again thats another stereotype probably based on a few ' stories '

Somehow it still doesn't add up to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 12:51:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-6-11 16:16
What about older divorced Chinese women seeking laowai ?

They tell me they are shunned by Chinese men as ' used goods ' but i cant see how that works for the older divorced men themselves.  Sure ...

Well... what's being said is that a well rounded clean shaven true and filial Chinese male has to have already been taken, or reserved well in advance, so for anyone over the age of 30 and still not yet hitched, then something has to be wrong with the guy(s)...

For this group, second comings of springs, as is termed in Chinese -- not second hand -- are not a problem because it's a relationship between two consenting adults who likely have full understanding of each others past history...

However, I know exactly a couple of such cases, example: both are batchlors in their 30's, banker co-workers of the Mrs, who, when opportunities presents itself, meaning being shown interest by Chinese females, quite nice looking broads too mind you, the girls was simply outright rejected and ignored by the guys. The explanation given: they don't have any taste for Chinese women who had ventured a wee too far out in the town...

They took to corresponding with and entered into relationships with counterparts from China instead and Man!!!  I've never seen them any happier.

In other words, second time arounds are not a problem for the Chinese community but desertions are and once these womens desert their own world and community for those of others, they are out for good...

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-6-11 08:54 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 16:40:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by edisonone at 2010-6-12 12:51

Well... what's being said is that a well rounded clean shaven true and filial Chinese male has to have already been taken, or reserved well in advance, so for anyone over the age of 30 and stil ...

just out of curiousity....does the same apply for male Chinese? Do they lose their "Chineseness" if they sleep with foreign girls, or even marry them? Aren`t they Chinese anymore? Or only "your" women?^^ Coz I know quite some Chinese men happily married with French,German,American,....women. Not as many as male foreigners with Chinese girls but........

So, what says your book about them?^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-14 01:39:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-13 00:40
just out of curiousity....does the same apply for male Chinese? Do they lose their "Chineseness" if they sleep with foreign girls, or even marry them? Aren`t they Chinese anymore? O ...

let me see how best i can describe the situation. here goes nothing: both (the Chinese male and the chinese female) will be alienated -- guaranteed...

they will be treated with caution by both family and community as if foreigners. disapproving sometimes even discriminating stares and gazes will be directed their way (at least towards the chinese counterpart) wherever they make their presence within the chinese community -- in any chinese community...

on the surface, big smiles by family and via the chinese community but those smile you can bank on, are very very fake.  of course, i'm only trying to honest here. by no means am i practicing racism therefore please don't shoot me.

i mean it's just how things are between people of different racial backgrounds, it's a natural and very human phenomenon...

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-6-13 09:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.