Author: Andy99

My Chinese Girlfriend Troubles. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-7 18:48:47 |Display all floors
Alex, nice to see its worked out for you.  Lots of Westerners like Chinese women many of them look good into advanced age they keep their shape well.

I could have had any one from a wide choice on various dating sites there's just that feeling they want out of China for what they perceive as a better life in the West-they are mostly women with low incomes and little or no money so it figures-the guy's appearance doesn't matter so long as he has the bucks.

Nobody has really answered my question to satisfaction of why they are so interested in Westerners-like as if there were a shortage of Chinese men. I dont buy the notion we are better than they are (their men) or the notion that THEY are morally better than our women.

You have hard experience what do you think ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-7 19:20:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-6-7 18:48
Alex, nice to see its worked out for you.  Lots of Westerners like Chinese women many of them look good into advanced age they keep their shape well.

I could have had any one from a wide choice  ...

Well, I didn`t meet her on a dating site^^  I was already in China for a year when I bumped into her in Shanghai at a crowded subway exit. Small-talk, exchange of phone numbers and then I went back to Tianjin. Kept in touch by sms, went down to see her from time to time and really had to court her(she was pretty prejudiced against foreigners in China and their attitude to serious relationships). Long story short.....in the end it worked out. But yes, I never ever would use those dating sites.....that`s a bit awkward to me. And we only have 5 years of age difference....I`m in my early 30's and she`s end 20. So not the typical "old westerner and pretty young Chinese gal" couple...^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-7 19:24:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-6-7 18:48
Nobody has really answered my question to satisfaction of why they are so interested in Westerners-like as if there were a shortage of Chinese men. I dont buy the notion we are better than they are (their men) or the notion that THEY are morally better than our women.

Well, there are golddigger arround for sure....but on the other side....much more rich Chinese available on the market and the average Westerner isn`t a millionaire either. Maybe some do coz they think of going abroad. It all depends on the individual. But NEVER ever use dating websites....that`s a no-go^^

Many Chinese women also look for foreigner coz in Chinese terms they are already past due.....highly educated Chinese women arround 30 are out. Hard to find a Chinese husband...that`s a reason too. Same counts for divorced women.

[ Last edited by Alex2010 at 2010-6-7 07:25 PM ]
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-7 22:03:44 |Display all floors

Alex2010

Cheers

Jeez, past it at 30 !

Not even in their prime i would say more and more here get married much later some dont even start families until their late 30's or even early 40's.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-8 06:20:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-6 23:03
Our kids will get the best of two worlds and have a huge advantage by this
not to sound a racist pig or somethin', even though you accused me of being such, but i would like to clear the air to the above however: no. your kids won't get the best of both worlds, not by a long stretch, in the stead, i would be confident to say your kids and other like them, and god forbid but who knows if i myself might not have to smack myself in the chin one of these days because i still have one yet to have started a family, but so far so good no signs of desertions, anyhow, kids like them, they'll be in a world all their own instead... i know, i've witness exactly that and how they just can't fit into either world... sad but true.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-8 06:37:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-7 03:24
Well, there are golddigger arround for sure....but on the other side....much more rich Chinese available on the market and the average Westerner isn`t a millionaire either. Maybe some do coz  ...

for chinese women who fancies males of other clans, their decisions are most likely dictated by economic interests, which amounts to the same as the offering for sale of comfort for an opportunity to access someone's bank account -- a proposition they might never be able to afford themselves if married to a chinese fella inside china or elsewhere in some cases.

the other cause for desertions is cultural upbringing, i.e., being abc's, cbc's, or wherever they were born and chinese culture are as strange to them as the creatures from et phone home...

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-6-7 02:38 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-8 08:29:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-6-7 00:14

Works perfect....the culture differences make our life more colorful. We speak Chinese with each other most of the time. English only when needed (for example when we are together with friend ...

my guess:

on the onset, you, my friend, are essentially a bank account in the eyes of the parents of the girl while the girl herself likely see's herself as an expendable consumer item that she is willing to place a price tag and made available to the highest of bidder. of course, with all relationships, things starts to built and everyone starts to take each other into their life's as in most instances...

by popular demand, a good proportion of chinese parents, especially those of china now-a-days treats or views the byproducts of their sexual relationships as if an item of value they can use to barter for better economic security and this rule of thumb applies to both chinese as well as foreigners. being of better economic backgrounds however, naturally, foreigners does fare better than the poor chinese of china who don't even have anything decent hanging from them.

it's a sad story, but yes, the rule of thumb or the prerequisite now a days in china for someone to marry you (referring here to the chinese dicks only of course) is a) a good job and a fat bank account, b) a pad or a roof over your head, and "c" which is optional is a set of wheels.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-6-7 04:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.