Author: joeching

FUTURE OF LANGUAGES [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-18 17:43:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 17-1-2009 13:03

basic, fortran, c etc, are languages that computers can understand without ambiguity, but not humans.  i m talking about the same programing language as basic, fortran and c, that both humans a ...

Computers can ONLY ADD UP but by a trickery of mathematics we can make them do all the things you see today, every letter you see on screen right now is a result of a hexadecimal scan of a matrix - what you see is the friendly result. Fortran and C are from the Ark, modern compliers are simple graphical tools which you can drag dialogue boxes from tool bars use ready made tools to achieve complex tasks - its simple unambiguous and relatively easy - but you do have to do some work
The very concept of object oriented programming is in plain English - YOU PICK THE NAMES OF THE OBJECTS and reference them, but it is still complex, when you have finished your program it is compiled into machine code.
If you are trying to describe the concept of artificial intelligence in a computer then you need to study a bit more, the best the world has managed so far is basic recognition, intelligence is just a fiction of Hollywood.
You are trying to solve a non existent problem - there are just lots of things you need to learn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 17:50:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 17-1-2009 13:12

i retired so that i dont have to waste time making money.

how else do u think i can develop the engine for my natural-language programming language(think of it as plain-english basic, if u m ...

Well many of us for years have been doing stuff for free and you are welcome to join us if only in a supportive sense see us at
Free GNU software we do a hell of a lot more than Linux.

However you are barking up the wrong tree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 17:53:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-1-17 15:26
So, Joe, if I understand you well you want to retain English for pragmatic, very business-like reasons but you want to banish the language from your ears and from everybody's mouth?

Realistic?? ...

Eventually,   the Chinese language will replace the English language as the world's lingua franca.

Why don't you start learning some Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 17:57:47 |Display all floors

JoeChing has lost the plot !

Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-17 08:54
it will be a language u talk to computers(imagine in my company where i dont let my staff talk to each other, except indirectly through the tasks they did on the computer). the whole job of keeping thing in absolute order and error free will be the computer.  also the computer will guide all inputting and THINKING. so at the end of the day, any sloppy human user would be slapped around by the computer so hard, he will have his acts together soon enough.  trust me -- i retired at 41(25 yrs ago) bcs of my clean acts.

I bet his staff are glad he retired at 41. Nazi Joe doesn't want them to talk to each other.

He seems, from his posts here, to want to "get even" with English by denying the use of it in its evolved form, by those who speak it natively.

By all means, loopy Joe, create a new language, a competitor to Esperanto, and I am also in favour of an alphabet which uses characters based on the Korean language ideas (some characters show the position of tongue and teeth for pronunciation) , but to strip English of its history, culture and meaning is linguistic imperialism.

I would imagine you'd demand no such action taken against Chinese (despite the "simplifying" of Chinese by the Chinese authorities being just that) or other Asian languages, so why should that happen to any European language ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 18:06:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinpatriot at 2009-1-18 19:53
Eventually,   the Chinese language will replace the English language as the world's lingua franca.
Why don't you start learning some Chinese?

Have you got a time in mind for this ? Using Pinyin or Hanzi ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 18:57:13 |Display all floors

Reply #94 emucentral's post

you want to learn?

there's online chinese tuition i regurlarly see advertisments displaying it.
hey nexts time if i see it again. I post it for your reference ok?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-18 19:20:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by richardk at 2009-1-18 01:43 AM

Computers can ONLY ADD UP but by a trickery of mathematics we can make them do all the things you see today, every letter you see on screen right now is a result of a hexadecimal scan of a matr ...

all i m talking about here are results of researches in the code worshop i developed and teached for the nuclear engineering department(1977-1982)at univ of cal at berkeley, and our joint venture with boeing company, working out of their supercomputer center.  the work involves program a thought process most adaptable to the computer into the computer so that the computer can lead us in formulating solutions to problems we want to solve.  we developed a user interface which use plain english in a conversational mode to lead us in constructing the necessary programs(in english) and compile and execute the program and again with english, getting the relevant data from us to get the problem solved.

and most of the problem solved are really beyond our own mental capacity to do it ourselves.  when i lectured at general electric, lockheed, and rutherford lab in england that computer will be much more intelligent than humans, they all protested.  but when they run into problems that they cant solve, they all came to me, or rather my natural-language programming based on computer intelligence.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.