Author: HeavenSent

The Truth of the Korean War [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-13 18:07:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by HeavenSent at 2009-1-13 18:01

I grew up in the US and I don't recall them mentioning about how they force the POWs not to repatriate back to China...  Or how good the UN POWs was treated by China.... and how the Chinese POWs  ...

I learned about the South Korean POW in South Korea, I lived there for over a year.  I learned about how the UN POWs were treated in college.  That is to say most were treated well.  The Chinese POWs were not part of a national army, that is they were a volunteer army and I can imagine they were treated rather badly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:05:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-1-13 18:07
I learned about the South Korean POW in South Korea, I lived there for over a year.  I learned about how the UN POWs were treated in college.  That is to say most were treated well.  The Chinese POWs were not part of a national army, that is they were a volunteer army and I can imagine they were treated rather badly.

Since the west is educated in this why do they insist on preaching Human rights to China?  Do they actuallly think that the Chinese government would treat the prisoners of the enemy better than themselves?  
So what you're implying is that the west would have treated the Chinese POWs better if they were part of a national army.... I guess those POWs from the volunteer army isn't consider humans.  Now I understand why the west doesn't have human rights issue.  THEY DON'T CONSIDER THOSE THAT THEY TORTURE HUMANS!!!
Racist? Please don't put me on the same boat with your heroes...
"Western treatment of the Koreans and the Chinese was dictated by a deeply rooted conviction that they were not people like themselves, but near-animals..."( Hastings p307)

Theirs no sign of brainwashing here....
Confucius - Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:10:03 |Display all floors
"I grew up in the US and I don't recall them mentioning about how they force the POWs not to repatriate back to China"

Heavensent, you're not saying here who/what failed to mention these things.  Are you talking about school teachers, or TV documentaries, or other sources?  You've already said that 'the West' lies, but that's about as specific as saying 'the East' does- you need to say who you think is misleading people.  You've already proven that you're not talking about the whole of 'the West' since the books you claim tell 'the truth' come from that side of the world.  In general, you're right to suggest that stories about history are used (in any part of the world) for political advantage, and that real power ultimately grows out of the barrel of a gun.

It also seems you've misunderstood idiot8- he/she hasn't rejected what you've said about the war, and hasn't denied that purposive lying goes on in the west, and yet you've started referring to him/her as a 'slave' for no apparent reason.  So, in short, what are you talking about?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:33:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-1-13 01:10 AM

Are you arguing that the Chinese sources of the time are more accurate than the western sources of the time?

i v been tracking the korea war on the history channel in america.  it finally took the america gi's fought in the war to come out and tell us the america lost big.  the whole nonsense about chinese human waves is all wet.  why, at the beginning the chinese had to hide all the time(lin bio estimated rite about america's overwhelm firing power, and peng was wrong).  then only when one chinese soldier(u see, in chinese military at the time, there was no rank, so anyone could do what he please) got frustrated enough to risk sniping the american brasses.  it worked out very well.

but one incident described by a grateful gi is that a chinese soldier chased after him when he was trying to climb onto a moving truck.  the chinese soldier clubbed him with the butt of his rifle, but not hard enough so he escaped.

WHY DIDN'T THE CHINESE JUST SHOT HIM?  WHERE WAS THE HUMAN WAVE WHEN THIS GI GOT A PERSONAL TOUCH FROM ONE CHINESE SOLDIER, WHOM THE GI DESCRIBED AS COMING FROM NOWHERE.

ACTUALLY, IT WAS THE DEATHS(BY JEEP ACCIDENT, OR SNIPER) AND MANY TOP BRASS IN THE AMERICA MILITARY THAT SCARED THE GENERALS FROM CONTINUING ON WITH THE WAR.  WHY DONT WE DO THIS MORE FROM NOW ON?  OTHERWISE THE AMERICAN NEGOTIATORS AT THE PEACE TALK WOULD JUST CHEW GUM AND READING NEWS PAPERS TO DRAG ON THE TALK INDEFINITELY.  ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW IN THE 6-PARTY TALK?

this is the latest on korea war's revised version on how the war was waged.  i expect their would be much more lies exposed as time goes on, in vietnam, iraq and afganistan, as well.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:37:45 |Display all floors

Looks like an addenmum may be needed for this narrative:

Soviet Involvement in the Korean War:
A New View from the Soviet-era Archives

h ttp://w ww.o ah.o rg/pubs/magazine/korea/oneill.h tml
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:42:04 |Display all floors
my pingpong coach, the highest ranked player in america, told me his father actually fought in korea war.  and their biggest threat was actually starvation, even on the frontline.  just imagine how china sacrificed and suffered in combatting the war-happy american brat.  when soldiers in the frontline had to starve, the people back home must be even worse.  this was the same during the taiwan strait war when china put all resource into making bombshell(in backyards everything) and i saw pictures of bombs falling on quemoy  shores that looked like rain.

pls just dont ever judge glf and cult rev without first look at the america's military harrassment.  and all this should explain the dire state north korea is in today.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 03:48:23 |Display all floors

Some more information

ht tp://w ww.aeronautics.r u/nws002/korean_war_soviet_pilots_reuters.h tm

Quote:

Little fanfare for Soviet Korean war veterans

By Robert Eksuzyan

MOSCOW, June 28 (Reuters) - A handful of survivors among more than 40,000 Soviet servicemen who fought in the Korean War with c0mmunist N0rth K0rea have the private satisfaction that their efforts were appreciated, at least by their adversaries.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.