Author: HeavenSent

The Truth of the Korean War [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-14 16:35:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2009-1-14 03:10
Heavensent, you're not saying here who/what failed to mention these things.  Are you talking about school teachers, or TV documentaries, or other sources?  You've already said that 'the West' lies, but that's about as specific as saying 'the East' does- you need to say who you think is misleading people.  You've already proven that you're not talking about the whole of 'the West' since the books you claim tell 'the truth' come from that side of the world.  In general, you're right to suggest that stories about history are used (in any part of the world) for political advantage, and that real power ultimately grows out of the barrel of a gun.

It also seems you've misunderstood idiot8- he/she hasn't rejected what you've said about the war, and hasn't denied that purposive lying goes on in the west, and yet you've started referring to him/her as a 'slave' for no apparent reason.  So, in short, what are you talking about?

I was referring to the governments in the west.  I would never dare to blame any of my teacher for not teaching me something that wasn't in the books.  Because it's the government that decides what we learn.  It shouldn't be the responsibilty of the individual to inform society of the truth.  For this reason I have great admiration for these individuals for writing and reporting it like it is, so that I may know the truth.
All western governments use unecessary lies to minipulate and control their people.  The lies I am referring to are those from history and have no significant threat to the country.  The government knowingly lies to it's people as this article has proven.  Why else would the west have such negative views about China?  especially on human rights issues.  It is very clear according to this article that China should be credited with the first country to recognize human rights.  The Chinese took good care of their enemies even though their enemies treated them less than human.
As for using the whole east as an example; it would not apply as the east is very different amongst themselves.  The west as a whole are much more common due to the leadership of the US.  Whereas the east doesn't have one single leader that guides their foreign policy, so every country actually speaks for themself.
My disagreement with idiot has more to do with the fact that he leaves the possibilty of  interpretation that  two wrongs make a right or that he down plays the wrongs by claiming the wrongs of others.  The worst example is when he used the N. Korean and S. Korean POW issue to justify the US's false accusation against China.  
It's no wonder why it is commonly known in the west that politics/politicians are the only things dirtier than money.
Confucius - Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 16:44:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by HeavenSent at 2009-1-14 16:35

I was referring to the governments in the west.  I would never dare to blame any of my teacher for not teaching me something that wasn't in the books.  Because it's the government that decides wh ...

Don't WORRY

u hv my support

i hv BLASTED many laowais away when they talk ROTS such as above

u know kiwiexported  still sulking till today
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 16:58:01 |Display all floors

I was referring to the governments in the west.  I would never dare to blame any of my teacher for not teaching me something that wasn't in the books.  Because it's the government that decides wh ...

I got my education from state run public school and university past 2nd grade.  Before that I was in a private preschool and first grade.  They definitely were brainwashing me.  They were teaching me French.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 16:59:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2009-1-14 16:58

I got my education from state run public school and university past 2nd grade.  Before that I was in a private preschool and first grade.  They definitely were brainwashing me.  They were teach ...

They were teaching YOU about French caps la.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-1-14 17:02:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-1-14 13:02

I do not agree with you over here. There was an article in 'Asia Times' dated Feb. 8th 2003  about the subject of biological and chemical warfare during the Korean war. I just quote the last paragraph:

And last month in the Letters section, AToL contributor Sreeram Chaulia defended his article Press the patriotism button, baby, Jan 22, in part by noting that Endicott and Hagerman "draw on official US sources and extensive interviews with Chinese scientists who were involved in the Korean War. Their findings and my own strongly point to the conclusion that US planes dropped infected fleas, ticks and spiders in the Chorwan, Kumhwa and Pyongyang areas of North Korea during February, March and April of 1952, leading to mass outbreaks of plague and anthrax." Chaulia added that doubters "would do well to consult the Washington-based National Security Archive for more gruesome facts".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 17:08:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-1-14 17:02

I do not agree with you over here. There was an article in 'Asia Times' dated Feb. 8th 2003  about the subject of biological and chemical warfare during the Korean war. I just quote th ...

we ALL know MaCarthur was MAD & BEND on destroying NK,China

that he EVEN go AGAINST his PRESIDENT orders

but he was FIRED with F.... WORDS

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 17:57:07 |Display all floors

your long winded posts are not earth shattering.  The US public has known its government lies since the gulf of Tomkin incident that led to the Vietnam war.  That was not when the gov started lying but when the public, knew for a fact that it was happening.  That was 50 years ago and not much has changed.  

Now is the US gov fundementally different from other western gov's? NO!  Are western govs that much different from other nations? NO!   All governments lie, anything less and I think you have been brainwashed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.