Views: 4021|Replies: 20

sweet anticipation [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2009-1-10 18:26:48 |Display all floors
It has happened to me many times to have invited friends who live in Europe or america and stay with me for a few days.
The feelings I experience when I wait for their arrival is something I can not describe.
People ,very loved to me ,living in a foreign country coming to stay with me for a few days is something that gives me life ,filling me with huge pleasure and enjoyment.
I can not sleep for many nights waiting for them to come.My pleasure is incredible.

Today however I am expecting my son to come from China after four months of absence.

I have not slept all night ,I feel such an enthusiasm ,I think I have forgotten his face.You have no idea how excited I am for him.. I can hardly contain myself ... I have been anxiously awaiting to arrive and here we are ... on the eve of this momentous day. I am counting down the minutes until the very special moment comes and hug him tightly.
Have it ever happened to you to be awaiting for a very beloved person to come to you after a long time of absence?
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-11 18:34:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2009-1-10 18:26
It has happened to me many times to have invited friends who live in Europe or america and stay with me for a few days.
The feelings I experience when I wait for their arrival is something I can n ...

I feel exaclty like you hehe.My mother and sister are coming for the first time to see me in Florence.

You are like me xilaren.I have noticed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-11 21:18:23 |Display all floors
to be honest,  i have not experienced,  do you know how much i envy u for i don't go abroad and have any foreign friends at all
it seems a little pity, isn't it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 20:50:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frances_zhao at 2009-1-11 21:18
to be honest,  i have not experienced,  do you know how much i envy u for i don't go abroad and have any foreign friends at all
it seems a little pity, isn't it?

it is up to you to do the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 20:51:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2009-1-11 18:34

I feel exaclty like you hehe.My mother and sister are coming for the first time to see me in Florence.

You are like me xilaren.I have noticed.

I wish I were like you and be able to cook such delicious meals.
Enjoy your mother's and sister's company and have a nice time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 21:08:50 |Display all floors

ONLY in america...

in the US, we like to welcome our guests at the hotel level but not exactly at our home sweet home basic...now, that's some special hospitality that nobody's else could have ('cause you dont wanna hear what we say 'bout you when you're stayin over at our home)  

*but of course i welcome my guests a little differently than our tradition...so dont worry if you folks are in town in NY just dont hesitate to gimme a howl; NO, i wont put you up in a hotel near by  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-15 18:16:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NYChinatown at 2009-1-13 21:08
in the US, we like to welcome our guests at the hotel level but not exactly at our home sweet home basic...now, that's some special hospitality that nobody's else could have ('cause you dont wanna  ...

In Greece it is very polite to have somebody in your house.Even when my house was small ,We gave our beds to friend to sleep and we slept in the sofa or maybe using a matress and sleeping on the floor.
If there is space in the heart there is always space in the house.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.