Views: 6181|Replies: 16

The Fad of Falling in Love [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-7 23:23:10 |Display all floors
The Fad of Falling in Love
   Having finished the University Entrance Examination , Anna finally can let her hair down to enjoy the summer holiday. Being influenced by the soap series or being in adolescence, like other girls, she is expecting to go through her own romantic experience soon in college.

Unfortunately, the majority of students in her school are girls. Boys are simply in minority. She feels a little disappointed. Thinking of the bright side, she think that’s not bad at all for she is determined to concentrate herself on the study now. She believes that love will come when it is right time.

In the following two years, Anna has been getting scholarship every semester through her great efforts. Her diligence has greatly affected other roommates as well. She is an easygoing, agreeable girl, too. Thus she gets along well with her roommates and they call their sharing room, a pleasant six-girl family and call themselves,6 soul sisters.

However, some changes happen and break their peaceful life. Tracy, a girl in the room falls in love with some guy. She is a smart, outspoken girl from a wealthy family. Two-year intent study wins her all the certificates required by the school so she believes that she can indulge herself in hanging around now. Then she meets her present boyfriend. She likes sharing happiness with others. Of course, her romantic experience with that guy has been the main subjects. Anna takes it peacefully. Contrarily, other girls have different reflections to Tracy’s daily show-off. Obviously, they are disturbed in their hearts.

Two months later, two roommates start to hitch with some boys, then so do another girls in the room. Now only Doris and Anna are single in six of them now.

From then on, her sisters seldom come back room, being busy with their ‘personal affairs’—dating. Only it’s time for class assembly that 6 sisters get around to getting together. However, the atmosphere is completely changed. When they start conversation, topic always goes around love stories instead of films, book, sports and the like, which they shared the same affection for before.

The get-together is like a real show of argument in the color-fading room. Sometimes, they even quarrel fiercely with each other for someone’s critics on one’s boyfriend. Anna feels sad. She tries to switch the topic to some other things but failed. on the contrary, they try to persuade her to find some guy and then to fall in love. Anna just smiles away.

One day, Doris tells Anna that she has found some guy as her boyfriend. Anna congratulates on the news and sends her best wishes. But Doris suddenly burst into crying. ’I don’t love him, indeed. I just wanna get into their conversation! What the heal is wrong with our family? ’Doris says. Anna comforts her with a big hug.

The last year of the college life is nearly ended. It is the day for undergraduates take memorizing photos that these 6 sisters meet again. Anna takes the initiative to speak and breaks the ice. Then they talk about the funny, unforgettable life they spent together.

When touch upon each one‘s love stories, it is a long silence.

After finished the necessary formalities, they will separate with each other. Before the departure, Tracy asks Anna why she didn’t find a boyfriend as others did. Anna says with a smile, ‘blindly go for romantic relationships? Maybe it’s because I’m not a fashionable girl. I didn’t see it will do me any good. Everything comes with a reason. There’s no need to strive for it deliberately, especially in the matter of love ’

The  end. ( the first mini-novel written by me)

[ Last edited by angelinajing at 2009-1-7 11:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 00:31:02 |Display all floors

references available upon request...

and i'm a single bachelor...and please forwar any lead to me if possible (thankew in advance)  

*your english is much better than president BUSH  

[ Last edited by NYChinatown at 2009-1-7 11:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 13:45:04 |Display all floors
thanks for ur appreication!
however i think u haven't got the aim of this novel yet...
actually it written to reveal today's college sudents' random attitude towards romance.
some even fall in love just to follow the fad....
maybe we need to think about this phenomenon...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 14:08:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by angelinajing at 2009-1-7 23:23
   Having finished the University Entrance Examination , Anna finally can let her hair down to enjoy the summer holiday. Being influenced by the soap series or being in ...

OK, you have done well

but there is always room for improvements

Love as they say is not always a bed full of roses

Love means sharing, good & bad

Love means pains & hardship

Love means joys

Love means being stuck together

Love means sacrifice

Love means enough $$$$$$$$$$ to go around

etc etc
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 14:34:06 |Display all floors

Not very common.

Originally posted by angelinajing at 2009-1-7 23:23
   Having finished the University Entrance Examination , Anna finally can let her hair down to enjoy the summer holiday. Being influenced by the soap series or being in ...

According to my experience it is not a common phenonomy in university. I think if the girl who finds a boy freind is only to follow the fad, she is not smart enough.
Love is a serious and wonderful thing. If you don't love someone, you can not feel happy when staying with him. When I was studying in university, there is only one roomates in my dorm who has a boy freind. Other 5 ones, we all single. We didin't follow the fad. We are believing in Love is natural gift from god. So we didn't hurry up to find a boy freinds. We studied and shared the college life together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 14:35:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by melon1008 at 2009-1-8 14:34

According to my experience it is not a common phenonomy in university. I think if the girl who finds a boy freind is only to follow the fad, she is not smart enough.
Love is a serious and wonder ...

show you something from xian here la

Pls comment if any
2008xian_friend.jpg
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-8 15:15:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-1-8 14:36

What's it? I can't see anything. What did you put??

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.