Views: 3728|Replies: 9

Shall parents play a great or decisive role in our life partner selection [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-29 15:30:03 |Display all floors
I have not been to any foreign countries, so i have no idea how much parents interfere when their children choose gf or bf.
But i heard that, especially  in the west, parents basically don't issue any judgement as long as the partners their children choose is not in the list of criminals. Is it ture?
While in China, i personally think it is another case. It seems that  it is our parents who are choosing parnters. She or he shall be at leaset OK in  appearance, if not pretty or handsome, and also supposed to be witty , smart, and filial with good familiy and education backgound. We know that parents want their children to live happy and affluent lives, we can fully understand how they feel. But sometimes love is not about money or the above mentioned, it is a deep mutual attraction to each other from soul or heart. I think that is what we call ever-lasting. But in reality, too many the ongoing cases are stopped due to our parents' disruption. How terrible it is.

Do you have any such experience.
Any feeling and suggestion is welcome .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 15:36:55 |Display all floors
hehe, yes, In China, the parents do play an important role in selecting the gf or bf for their children. Maybe they will not force their children to marry someone, but they will tell their children their opinions: for example, :" you should choose a handsome one, you should choose a rich one, you should choose someone whose hometown is near us, you should choose ......." Many "suggestions", but the kids always have their own opinions. hehe, to me, when I was young, my mom told me " you should not find someone who loves playing Majiang麻将" Because my dad loves playing Majiang very much, and their quarrels are mostly caused by Majiang. hehe, now my parents don't care my choosing partner much. They suggest I can find the one I love, but the one should be accepeted by them, too. hehe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 15:55:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by melon1008 at 2008-12-29 15:36
but the one should be accepeted by them, too....

See, here comes the problem again.
Beside  to be your pantner,he or seh also has to be satisfactory to your parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 16:03:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2008-12-29 15:55

See, here comes the problem again.
Beside  to be your pantner,he or seh also has to be satisfactory to your parents.

hehe, yes, but I am confident that I can pursuade my parents to accept my choice. hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 16:14:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by melon1008 at 2008-12-29 16:03

hehe, yes, but I am confident that I can pursuade my parents to accept my choice. hehe

I believe you'll find your true love and can persuade them to accept your choice. Jia You!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 16:15:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2008-12-29 16:14

I believe you'll find your true love and can persuade them to accept your choice. Jia You!

haha, thanks for your wishes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 20:31:01 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by ghost156 at 2008-12-29 15:30

The life is ours,not our parents.

I do not like my parents to choose my life partner for me,they wanted to but they have no chances to make it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.