Views: 10827|Replies: 32

Attitude towards marriage and love [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-26 16:01:52 |Display all floors
This Monday, when I invited two colleagues to have lunch. They all told me that : Get married soon, or two years later you will be "Dou Fu Zha", no one will marry you."
Is it really?? I can't  believe it. I always take a serious attitude towards life, marriage and love. I think marriage is serious topic. If the love exist, then we can build a family and come to marriage.
Last week, one of my classmates called me. He said:" Let's get married. I have bought the house and my salary and work is good and decent. If you still have requirements, tell me, and I will do to fulfill them." I told him: " No, I won't get married with you!" He asked :" Why?" I said:" I have no feeling to get married with you." He said:" Don't take too much dream or expectation on marriage and love, it doesn't work effectively. To get married with anyone will come to the same end finally." "Whether you marry to someone you love or who loves you, at last the marriage will be boring and simple." "Romantic marriage can not last for a long time."
This week, every evening I thought about marriage and love. I do believe in " love first, then marriage" I talked with my male colleagues about the marriage and love issues. They all think my attitudes towards marriage and love is naive. "No one will love you forever." "This is a fact. People are easily changable, especially the man." " To women, marriage and her husband means her world, but to men, marriage is only a process, which everyone has to experience. So they get married at proper age, finding a lady to get married.
I really can't accept the doctrine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 16:07:12 |Display all floors
Marriage in Asia and Marriage in the West are very different.  Which are you talking about?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 16:07:17 |Display all floors

A line from a film.

Recently I read a lind from one of my freinds' diary online. She drops  a line from "马达加斯加2". The line from Finioa in that film. Fiona said: " I walked half the world to find my Mr. Right, at last I find he lives next to me." maybe the lines is not accurate, but meaning is similar. It makes me think a lot.
People always neglect things surrounding themselves, and when they find the value of their surroundings, it is too late. So the lines in "大话西游" is very popular and loved by many people because it tells the truth and deep heart words of most people. We always neglect the surrounding happiness, when we turn our heads back, we find the most valuable things we are looking for and searching all the time is just at our hand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 16:09:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by idiot8 at 2008-12-26 16:07
Marriage in Asia and Marriage in the West are very different.  Which are you talking about?

I am Chinese. So I am talking about the Chinese marriage.
Now most of my freinds who have got married have a gloomy attitude towards marriage. They said they got married because they are not young any more, and their parents push them rush into marriage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 16:12:18 |Display all floors
Now “剩女”is a very popular word. I found a lot of females now have a serious attitude towards marriage. Maybe because of the great pressure of life nowadays, people pay much more attention on material lifes. Anyway, females do care about love, so they refuse to get married at once. They only will get married after they find the proper ones to build a family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 17:12:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by melon1008 at 2008-12-26 16:01
This Monday, when I invited two colleagues to have lunch. They all told me that : Get married soon, or two years later you will be "Dou Fu Zha", no one will marry you."
Is it really ...

I agree with your attitude towards love and marriage.
I heard many Chinese woman get married with menn who are financially support the family,they married for money and material things.Love is less valuable thing to think. they may physically like each other when got married.

we have some friends who  given good example for above.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-26 17:13:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2008-12-26 17:12

I agree with your attitude towards love and marriage.
I heard many Chinese woman get married with menn who are financially support the family,they married for money and material things.Love is ...

I heard that from close friends,I do not even believe that before.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.