Author: xuerengui

Poor Chinese men with no women [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-29 00:29:47 |Display all floors
There are Chinese women who are attracted to Chinese. But those who go to the West likely prefer whites. Otherwise, they would not want to go to the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-29 01:30:01 |Display all floors

same all over the world

woman and men

I read this and think about my experiances in China and the rest of the world. To me the difference is that most woman are looking for security and tend to equate that with money. If you go to cities like Shenzhen, you see and meet many woman that are trapped and forced into prostitution, because of lack of work or even worse withheld pay for work they are doing. I know this to be true, since many of my neighbors were factory owners- all Asians. They certainly did not care who they screwed. Just like the melamine thing- everyone got it by the greedy manufacturers! I have numerous Chinese employees that are married now, because they can afford a home and other necessities. Chinese women that I know seem to feel that Chinese men are unreliable and always cheat. As with all peoples -some do, some don't. My conclusion is that all people and places are the same- just depends on who you know!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-23 16:57:56 |Display all floors

What happens when a Chinese guy get too frustrated about his situation

BLACKSBURG, Virginia  —  Alone and in a new country, graduate student Xin Yang reached out to other Chinese students at Virginia Tech when she arrived two weeks ago, trying to establish her life on campus.

She went to social events with international students, got in touch with the campus center that works to help them adjust and appeared to be making friends as she settled into her accounting program, those who had met her said.

But one of the friendships may have led to her death: Police say she was decapitated with a kitchen knife while having coffee with a Chinese doctoral student in a campus cafe Wednesday night.

The killing stunned a campus that still has vivid memories of the mass slayings in April 2007, when a student gunman shot 32 people and then took his own life. The stabbing was the first slaying on campus since then.

"An act of violence like this brings back memories of April 16," university President Charles Steger said. "I have no doubt that many of us feel especially distraught."

It appeared Yang had met her accused attacker, 25-year-old Haiyang Zhu of Ningbo, China, only recently, said Kim Beisecker, the director of Cranwell International Center, which works with international students. Zhu, a doctoral student in agricultural and applied economics, had been assisting her in adjusting to life at Tech, something the 500 Chinese students often do for new members in their community, she said. They both attended functions for international students, she said.
Related

Stories
          o Federal Officials: At Least 32 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

"She was a very sweet young woman," she said. "He was known as a polite young man."

Though they apparently didn't know each other well, school records listed Zhu as one of her emergency contacts. Beisecker said that may have been because Yang knew few people on campus.

"As best we know, she had made a fair number of friends, but only in the last week," Beisecker said.

What led to the attack is also a mystery: About seven other people who were in the coffee shop told police that the two hadn't been arguing before the attack. Beisecker said there hadn't been previous signs of trouble between them.

Police received two 911 calls shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday, and were on the scene in a little more than a minute to take Zhu into custody, Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said.

Zhu was charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond at the Montgomery County Jail. His attorney, Stephanie Cox, did not return a call seeking comment Thursday.

Classes were held as usual Thursday and the sprawling 2,600-acre campus appeared normal, with students skateboarding, talking on cell phones and chatting with friends.

Tasha Lockhart, a sophomore from Ocean City, Md., went to her biology class in the Graduate Life Center's auditorium Thursday afternoon. She said she felt "a little bit" wary. Her instructor told students to be aware of exits that were away from the main entrance in case of trouble, she said.

After the arrest, a campus alert system put in place after the mass shootings by Seung-Hui Cho in 2007 sent out messages to 30,000 subscribers by e-mail, text messages and telephone voice mails Wednesday night, University spokesman Larry Hinckler said.

Because a suspect was in custody, the messages were sent out as notifications rather than as emergency alerts, he said. He said 60,000 messages were sent in about a half hour.

The school offered counseling to students, faculty and staff, and officials contacted students who were injured in the mass shootings as well as the families of victims.

"It was a very retraumatizing kind of experience," said Debbie Day, director of the Office of Recovery and Support.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-23 17:05:26 |Display all floors

i know a malaysian lonely guy

Poor lonely guy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-23 17:09:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2008-12-29 00:10

Christianity forbids women from preaching. I find it sexist.

you remind me augusten

talking about religion as wiser guys and mixing with sex

damn it

guys i see the group of lonely guys is huge

better to create a Club to help each other

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-23 17:26:25 |Display all floors

lust or love

I am not sure what is going on within these Chinese women who self-claim to be only fond of foreigners. I had a German boyfriend when I was in college, but parted finally becuase of racial and cultural gaps that I could profoundly feel even at that time. My husband is a Chinese like me, and we live a happy life now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-23 17:39:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2008-12-29 00:10

Christianity forbids women from preaching. I find it sexist.

Catholicisms not Christianity.  Most Protestant sects treat women and men as equals.  Catholicism is strong in France, Italy, Spain, the Philippines and Latin America.  It is comparatively weak in the US and Northern Europe

and yes latin america is rather sexist

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.