BLESSES CHINA IN 2009

WITH ABUNDANCE

& MINIMUM DESTRUCTIONS TQ

BUDDHA SAYs LUNAR DAYS 8,14,15,23,29&30TH

ARE GOOD DAYS FOR PRAYERS/LIGHTINGs OF JOSS STICKS

AS WILL SEND HIS 4 DEVA KING'S  ENVOYS to survey the Earth

where lay peopledo CHARITY&FILIAL PIETY TO ANCESTORS

THOSE SEENS DOING SUCH GOOD DEEDS

WILL BE BLESSED WITH GOOD HEALTH & BABUNDANCE WEALTH :)

+ WISDOM
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 23:52:43 |Display all floors

缘分 = Nidhana?

I do not come as often to the CD BBS these days because I am getting cheesed off by some of the blatantly anti-Chinese postings allowed onto the CD BBS, a Chinese daily (supposed to be). So sometimes I cannot help but wonder whether the "sea turtles" 海龟派haven't gone overboard in their westernisation program. Be that as it may, there was "something" that drew me this evening to the 童子鸡page where I found the message from caringHK dated yesterday. Many thanks to you sir.  Against a backdrop of statistics and probabilities, this "something" has happened to me about 4 times within the last 6 months and it makes me  think its got to be more than co-incidental. Lets call it 缘分since it is the Heart Sutra that I am trying to figure out most of the time in my free moments.
I have seen the Jade Buddha in Shanghai's 静安寺, and like all jade Buddhas, they are sculptured in Burma and sent to various places. The facial features are indeed very calm and would no doubt take very skilled craftsmen to render. It is good to see some revival of Buddhism in China, although as Mark Wu says, it should only be done in moderation. It should serve as a code that guides people's conduct (like not adding Melamine to milk), but should never be used as a cult for money making purposes, or something even worse, with ulterior political motives, like what the rogue monk DL is doing. By the way, did you have a chance to browse through HIS mumbo jumbo "exposition" of the Heart Sutra? The level of HIS mumbo jumbo proves exactly what he is: a charlatan in a monk's robes, or a wolf in sheep's skin, paid by the West; dancing to the tunes of his western masters to break up China.
Its almost midnight now. Allow me to wish you a Happy New Year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-1 08:03:26 |Display all floors

Happy New Year Greetings!

Congratulations caringhk for starting a thread on Buddhism. I posted something last night on New Year's eve on the subject, but it has not been allowed onto this BBS.
Just a little interesting information on the Swastika sign which you posted: In the 佛学大辞典,it says that both are the same, be it anti-clockwise or clockwise. This explanation makes sense because if you draw the symbol on a sheet of paper and look at it from one side, it is clockwise, but if you look at it from the other side, it looks anti-clockwise. The symbol came to China from India during the reign of Empress 武则天of 唐dynasty. She was a devout Buddhist and gave the Chinese pronunciation to the symbol, which is WAN. If you visit the 西藏地区of China, you will see that both both versions are in existence. Most of the time, they are of the anti-clockwise variety, but if in the 九寨沟region of 四川 you will find them to be clockwise. In their Buddhist temples you will find an extra 佛, in addition to阿弥陀佛( Amitabo) and Shakyamuni (释迦摩尼佛). This extra佛is the representation of the 祖师爷of the Bun religion (本教) that existed in the Himalyan region, an indigenous religion that worships magic,  the snow-peaked mountains, rocks, trees etc. It still exists in the foothills of the Himalayas today. When Buddhism first came to 西藏, like between all religions, there was conflict between the Bun and Buddhism. This was overcome by amalgating these two religions which today is the 藏传佛教school with its unique characteristics and Tantric mysticism, an example of which is the 双修school where you have two bodies (of male and female) entangled in deep embrace, as they together try to strive for total emancipation from the Dukha(苦)of this earthly existence. This probably explains some of the interest shown by Westerners with regard to 藏传佛教and their desire to turn it into a "fun" thing, leaving out the serious religious aspect associated with it.   
There was a Chinese scholar 陈建民who spent years in the Himalayas learning about 密宗(Trantric Buddhism) and he subsequently wrote quite a lot about it after he moved to the US where he had a following. He got himself a name among our 藏族同胞as the Gyami Rimpochi - the Chinese living Buddha. I don't think he was quite that, but was nevertheless very learned. You can use the Google search engine to find more information on him.

[ Last edited by lobsang at 2009-1-1 06:17 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 09:41:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lobsang at 2009-1-1 08:03
Congratulations caringhk for starting a thread on Buddhism. I posted something last night on New Year's eve on the subject, but it has not been allowed onto this BBS.
Just a little interesting in ...

interesting information on the Swastika sign - IT LOOKS like double  Z

but HITLER's Nazis REVERSED IT to call his Superior to Buddha's Swastika

but soon Hitler found himself in HELL by killing himself  with his lover

so much for playing with Holy scriptures/Sutras/Symbols

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 09:45:50 |Display all floors

where you have two bodies (of male and female) entangled in deep embrace, as they together try to strive for total emancipation from the Dukha(苦)- it is TRUE iF people UNDERSTANDS THE REALING MEANING OF ELIMINATING DUKHA(HUMAN SUFFERINGs)

BUT THE WESTERNERS created KARMA SUTRA which i believe is THEIR SEX SYMBOLs WHICH NOW APPROVES OF gays(mALE HAVING SEX CALLED SODOMY WITH MALE)& LESBIANISM(FEMALE HAVING SEXWITH FEMALE)

MAIN MOTIVE IS TO MAKE BIG $$$$$$$$$

WHICH IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-2 09:46:41 |Display all floors

here was conflict between the Bun and Buddhism. - tHXS FOR THE INFO AS IS 1ST TIME I AM READING OF SUCH.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.