Author: yuan_zcen

Divided Chinese map! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-3-28 22:30:28 |Display all floors

so confusing...

Thanks for posting all these maps trying to clear up this thorny issue. I really think I understand now:

Nep@l and T!bet are not part of China, but Hainan is. Is that correct? So, what about Ta!wan? Wait, never mind, I'll just look it up in the 2004 edition of Larousse...

Thanks everybody, I think I have it now!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 15:03:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by oioioi at 2009-3-28 22:30
Thanks for posting all these maps trying to clear up this thorny issue. I really think I understand now:

Nep@l and T!bet are not part of China, but Hainan is. Is that correct? So, what about Ta! ...

I know, you are here rocking the boat.
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-8 17:43:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2009-4-8 15:03

I know, you are here rocking the boat.

Come on, don't take yourself so serious.

We all know that Ta!wan and T!bet are part of China. To say anything else would be to disagree with the United Nations and the international community at large. So who cares if some highly stylistic map in some museum in Korea doesn't include Hainan? Really? Does EVERY map of the US in China include Hawaii?

You guys need to loosen up a bit...

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-17 17:09:32 |Display all floors

Waste of time

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-25 03:57:03 |Display all floors

The thoughts of one enemy

It's not so much that we want to split China, it's more in sympathy to the once more or less hetrogenerous Tibetan culture, that you may have been watering out, during, and post Mao. So T!bet isn't so much political as Ta!wan, for the average westerner, but more a culturally sentimented concern. We just don't trust that your government owe up to it's resposiblity to conserve their cultural heritage. The fact that your government doesn't allow open discussion about it says a great deal. Your extremely touchy on the subject, which isn't reassuring at all! But you've heard this before, from much more knowledgeable people...

Ta!wan is probably more rooted in Cold War politics, but since Beijing have changed a lot since then, I don't think any westerner have a problem with Ta!wan going back to the mainland, but it have to be done on their premises, not yours. It's not cool to intimidate your own flesh and blood to submission. You build up trust first, which take time. What's the hurry anyway? They're not going anywhere!!
Make the latte taste like fiiissshh!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-7 16:10:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by safaribehn at 2009-4-25 03:57
It's not so much that we want to split China, it's more in sympathy to the once more or less hetrogenerous Tibetan culture, that you may have been watering out, during, and post Mao. So T!bet isn't ...

Somebody wants the numberless treasury in Himalayas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-12 01:29:51 |Display all floors

China should rule Tibet as a province

If China wants the world to recognize Tibet as a part of China  just as other provinces are, then China should rule Tibet  as a province, and get rid of the appellation " Tibetan Autonomous Region", and call it a province.   After a  while , the world will gradually sees it as a province of China, like other provinces are.

--Ny

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.