Nothing, he doesn't even know them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-26 07:21:50 |Display all floors

tibet is part of china

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-26 14:25:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by partchinese at 2009-2-26 07:21

tibet is part of china

Yes, very clear. But it's Chinese Empire. Does it still exist?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-26 16:22:08 |Display all floors
oh!
where these maps come from!
which idiot  drawing it.?
in this spot.  i  will tell you again ,  tibet  is  a part of china!
making this kind of  fool、stupid 、mistake, what  a  dumping  ass
god  also  damn  you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 08:00:24 |Display all floors
I don't have a problem if some Westerner's map shows XIZHANG with dotted lines on its PROVINCIAL border, as long as those dotted lines show up on every other provincial border. Then they are just demonstrating completeness in their map making skills. But when maps such as those shown in this thread are made, Chinese should not fool themselves, they are indeed making a political statement. One that says that they do not believe that those areas are part of China. And we all know what that means. Every Western country, and indeed all countries of note across the world recognize the PRC as China including its borders around the province of Xizhang and the prefecture of Formosa - which is part of the province of Fujian. The fact that so many Westerners say one thing and then do another is useful as a reminder to all Chinese about how two-faced they can be. Indeed, I am glad that so many of these Western maps are promulgated abroad and then are observed by Chinese.

>If TWN became part of China during the Ming dynasty, who owned it before that?

Who owned Hawaii before the US staged a coup detat, overthrowing the legal King of Hawaii and seizing control of the islands? Ah, yes that would be HAWAIIANS owned HAWAII. You ready to apply to same yardsticks to Western countries that you'd so eagerly apply to China? Yeah I thought not.

>I don't expect you to ever understand why; let's put it this way: as a member of a culture that puts face very high on the list of priorities, you are not likely to ever understand how non-face cultures handle any of this domestically or internationally. You simply shouldn't comment on their representational decisions; in my experience, it is impossible for face-saving persons to understand non-face-saving persons even though nons can easily understand face-savers.

This is the most asinine set of comments I've yet seen from an American on this board. Your propensity to indulge in overgeneralizations is matched only by your own overestimation of your abilities. Yes, you understand foreign people so well, that is why across the globe you are denigrated as Ugly Americans. Why the percentage of native (English) speakers in your country that can speak a second language ranks as the lowest of any industrialized nation. Why one of your supposed "experts" in foreign affairs, Paul Wolfowitz famously testifed before Congress that he expected fewer troops would be required to occupy Iraq than were used in Bosnia, because Iraq didn't have a history of ethnic tensions. Great work on the "understanding" thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-3-5 14:44:28 |Display all floors

Reply #411 Da_Zhao's post

Thank you for the declamation.
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.