Author: yuan_zcen

Divided Chinese map! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-9 15:09:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ben_uk at 2009-1-8 22:07
So, Yuan Zcen, how many Americans do you think would throw a tantrum after seeing that US map?

I know what you mean. When I posted this american map I was joking. But are they joking?

[ Last edited by yuan_zcen at 2009-1-9 03:10 PM ]
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-1-9 15:34:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2009-1-7 03:55

Ture.

India also holds large pieces of land from neighboring Nepal and Bhutan, needless to mention Kashmir.

I looked for any evidence about Nepal's former borders and found indeed something interesting.

I copy and paste:

The history of modern Nepal began its evolution in the sixteenth century with founding of the house of Gorkha by Darbya Shah in 1559 AD. In 1769 Prithvi Narayan Shah, the ruler of Gorkha unified these diverse kingdoms and established the general shape of the present borders of Nepal. The succeeding Nepalese generations have recognized him as founding father of the nation. Since that time Kathmandu has been the capital of Nepal, which was believed to be a lake in the ancient period. He started the process of unification of Nepal. By 1814 AD Nepal was stretching through the Himalayas up to Sutlej River in the west and Tista River in the east. The expansion process brought Nepal into conflict with the British East India Company, resulting into Ango-Nepalese war from 1814 – 1816. The wars lead to the treaty of Sugauli there by bringing Nepal to its present smaller size and borders.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-9 15:52:57 |Display all floors
Dam Anglo Amerikan Imper!alists!

I do know that the King of Nepal is closely related to the Kings of Rajistan, that is he is not fully Nepali, he is of the Rajput Caste native to Rajistan in Western India

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-9 19:56:35 |Display all floors

Reply #363 yuan_zcen's post

Hmm, fair point.

So, a lot of foreign maps don't portray China as the PRC would like it. If this really is an attempt to divide China, do you think it has any chance of success? Say a Taiwanese sees Taiwan marked as a separate country, or a Tibetan sees Tibet given special status on a map. Is that going to make them think, yeah, we should be independent?

If people in Tibet and Taiwan agree with the PRC that they are all parts of China, then surely there is nothing to worry about? Who cares what foreigners think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-11 12:39:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-1-9 15:34
The history of modern Nepal began its evolution in the sixteenth century with founding of the house of Gorkha by Darbya Shah in 1559 AD. In 1769 Prithvi Narayan Shah, the ruler of Gorkha unified these diverse kingdoms and established the general shape of the present borders of Nepal. The succeeding Nepalese generations have recognized him as founding father of the nation. Since that time Kathmandu has been the capital of Nepal, which was believed to be a lake in the ancient period. He started the process of unification of Nepal. By 1814 AD Nepal was stretching through the Himalayas up to Sutlej River in the west and Tista River in the east. The expansion process brought Nepal into conflict with the British East India Company, resulting into Ango-Nepalese war from 1814 – 1816. The wars lead to the treaty of Sugauli there by bringing Nepal to its present smaller size and borders.  

Thank you Satsu.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 10:47:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ben_uk at 2009-1-9 19:56
Who cares what foreigners think?

The problem is some foreigners and foreign organizations support and sponsor secessionists, and the wrong maps make them seem to be justice. It hurt China's image.
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 12:21:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2009-1-13 12:47
The problem is some foreigners and foreign organizations support and sponsor secessionists, and the wrong maps make them seem to be justice. It hurt China's image.

Agree with you there, foreign inspired organisations should not be able to cause chaos in other countries.

I saw an example of this myself, when visiting Nepal 7 years ago.
In the ticket booth for one site I visited, there was a large poster with the inspiration for Nepal's terrorists, a picture of M A O !
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.