Author: richardk

Woman, 70, - 'oldest new mum' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-13 04:44:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 12-12-2008 20:29
men's sperms after 45 years old are considerin not too healthy anymore...the new born most likely will be mentally (kokoo) retarded...and i dont have the knowledge of women's ovaries after 40 years ...

Men commonly have children in their 50's, especially these days as a lot would not consider having them before 30.
I don't know of any respected source to substantiate the 45 limit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-13 04:58:09 |Display all floors

just DONT take my words 4 it...

i read the article some years ago from NEJM...and i would advice any guy that's over 45 years of age to consider of plannin to have a family of their own (i kno is scary & chillin to the bone)  

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2008-12-12 04:00 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-13 22:23:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 12-12-2008 20:58
i read the article some years ago from NEJM...and i would advice any guy that's over 45 years of age to consider of plannin to have a family of their own (i kno is scary & chillin to the bone)  ...

But thousands of 50 years olds have kids every year - I know 3 myself, if there was a problem it would be big news, the general consensus would point more towards them being more financially secure and wiser which makes them better parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 10:44:58 |Display all floors
Congratulations to the old new mummy, as nothing can make you happier than becoming parents. I can't forget that feeling until now, my baby is 1year old. But my real point is the old couple is very irresponsible for the little baby. Of course they have right to be parents. They are too old, obviously they will never be qualified parents. How long they can live longer? 10 years? 15 years? Even they can live 20years more, how about their health condition? When the baby can walk they're too old to catch her, that's too dangerous. And this is a little thing in her childhood. The baby easy to fill sick, parents must be ready to bring baby to hospital at any time, and it often takes place at night. I'm not sure the old mother or father can do it. If the baby girl can grow up a teenager smoothly, how will her schoolmates look at her for fer so old parent? And I don't know if they are alive then. Anyway I can't imagine it.
Sometimes I regret, I'd have had a baby earlier, I'm thirty this year, when my son go to primary school, I'm forty, if I go to school pick up him, do his schoolmates think I'm his grandma? Do I bring shame on him? I don't want it really. He must be proud if i'm young and pretty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 04:36:40 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by haoenbb at 16-12-2008 02:44
Congratulations to the old new mummy, as nothing can make you happier than becoming parents. I can't forget that feeling until now, my baby is 1year old. But my real point is the old couple is very ... [/quote

You do raise some interesting points - if it had happened in Europe or America where the state would step in to help then maybe there would be less to worry about, IVF treatment brought about this pregnancy, the question is should this be done in such circumstances or is it a kind of abuse?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-6 17:30:50 |Display all floors
It was also reported that the couple may go for another child in two years. They would like a boy this time. The doctor said he would do it if their health permitted it at that time. He felt that they were physically fine and would not be harmed by this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-6 18:08:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changcheng at 6-1-2009 09:30
It was also reported that the couple may go for another child in two years. They would like a boy this time. The doctor said he would do it if their health permitted it at that time. He felt that t ...

My grandmother was fine on her 97th birthday the doctor said she was 'fine' but she did not live to 100 !
I think someone there has missed the point.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.