Author: expatter

911. What happened? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-8 15:23:20 |Display all floors
In the end, Expatter, what it comes down to is that you don't know much about building collapses and you somehow expect a Hollywood version to play out with pieces of building flying everywhere and toppling over and so on. That's just not what happens if you hit a building high up. They only fall over if the structure fails near the ground. What's weird about this debate is the "it's just like a controlled demolition" bit; the fact is that it gets the whole thing backward: a controlled demolition is an attempt to cause a progressive collapse, it's designed to be "just like a devastating roof failure". So when someone says something like this "looks just like a controlled demolition" they've substituted the referent for the reference, akin to saying white Bengal tigers look just like stuffed animals!

Now, had the WTC fallen over then there would be some valid controversy.

[ Last edited by interesting at 2008-12-8 01:17 PM ]
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 15:35:38 |Display all floors
And Seneca brings up a good point: if it is a conspiracy and it's so easy to spot that even someone as dumb as the Peters can do it, how on Earth have the conspirators survived at all?

It's just dumb all around. If you're saying anything other than "planes struck the WTC, causing massive fires which led the steal to fail, resulting in progressive collapse", you're pretty much on the level of someone who goes out searching for the Roswell aliens.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 16:19:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-12-8 15:35
And Seneca brings up a good point: if it is a conspiracy and it's so easy to spot that even someone as dumb as the Peters can do it, how on Earth have the conspirators survived at all?

It's just ...

Probably because of the lack of convincing argument from people like "interesting", who tries to make us believe a fire limited to a few floors caused the collapse of WTC 7.

Dumb? Look in the mirror and you'll see what it really looks like.

Perhaps seneca can help you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 16:44:35 |Display all floors

What's all the fuss?

Nothing Happened - They Are Still Going Strong!

911 are a British boy band that consists of Lee Brennan, Jimmy Constable and Simon 'Spike' Dawbarn. The band was formed in 1995 and in May 1996, they released their debut single. They had their first Top 10 hit later in the year with "Don't Make Me Wait", which reached #10. "The Day We Find Love" (#4), "Body Shakin'" (#3), "The Journey" (#3), "Party People" (#5), "All I Want is You" (#4), "How Do You Want Me to Love You" (#10), the cover songs "More Than a Woman" (#2), "Private Number" (#3), and "A Little Bit More" (#1) continued the group's success. The band split up in February 2000, when they announced their break-up live on Chris Moyles' Radio 1 show.

In 2005, the members of the group reformed to participate in the ITV singing contest, Hit Me Baby One More Time. The band have since done a nightclub tour of the UK & Ireland, performing their most popular hits. More recently, 911 have performed at a number of nightclub and university events. It has been confirmed that they are due to entertain the crowd prior to the Bradford Bulls clash with Leeds Rhinos on Friday 23rd May 2008.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-12-8 17:18:30 |Display all floors

Interesting

I did look up Ronin Point: One corner of the building fell down and not the building.  The Oaklahoma building had its front face badly damaged, but it did not fall down.  The Korean shopping mall caved in because inner pillars had been reduced in size to allow for elevators.  A further level had been added to the building illegally and 80 tons of A/C had been placed on the exterior of the roof.  An accident waiting to happen.  But, the outer walls did not give way, just the internal floors.  That pretty much sums up modern high rise they are very tough.

I have specifically talked about building 7 only.  If you do reply would you focus on this building and not the whole site.  The key to what is strange here is that N0 7 was not damaged by the planes and only had fires in a few places.  Not as you would have it gutted by fire.  If we assume that the fires had enough heat to weaken the steel stanchions then the intensity of the fire would have had to be the same throughout the whole building.  The photographs clearly show this is not so.  Yet, the building collapsed symetrically at all four sides and went down level leaving nothing standing.  We know from the Korean Mall that when the internal floors fall they do not necessarily take the walls with them.

These 3 buildings which fell on the same day are the only buildings of this type to collapse in this manner and it would have been a modern requirement for a report on how and where the structure failed.  All steel from these 3 buildings were never the subject of an investigation and report and quite the contrary, the clean-up operations started immediately and any evidence of the failure however caused is gone.

I understand many Americans are asking why the report was only focused on Towers 1 and 2 and did not include N0 7.  In addition the report apparently has many omissions and information which has been blanked out.

It looks like a "Controlled Demolition" was quoted by an expert who does this for a living.  I don't actually need to be an expert on buildings to ask the question.  Why did No 7 fall so uniformly and so fast with so little damage?  Even the amount of time it took for the building to collapse was at the speed of gravity.  Yet if you claim it is a roof collapse then each floor has to overcome a small amount of resistance as they pop through each other.

That's just not what happens if you hit a building high up. They only fall over if the structure fails near the ground.

Well that is incorrect. A controlled explosion is where pillars are blown at ground level and every couple of floors in some cases.  If you blow a building high up it will not necessarily collapse.  For the whole thing to be jarred down it starts with center pillars at ground level immediately followed by ground level outer pillars. The building then implodes inwards.

I am just curious about this matter as there are so many anomalies about events and information.  Something this horrible one would have thought to be better documented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 17:44:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-12-8 19:18
I am just curious about this matter as there are so many anomalies about events and information.   ...

Actually there aren't significant anomalies. Building 7 has been explained, as have the twin towers.

There's plenty of reasonable, plausible and logical explanation, all ignored by the CTers.
The most fantastic leaps of faith are required to believe in the conspiracy of tens of thousands of co-conspirators, of realtime computer graphic insertions and of sophisticated demolition planning. Yet despite this extraordinary planning the most simple and obvious "mistakes" were made.
The "lack of a plane" at the Pentagon, the "missile" or CGI at the twin towers, and the questions about debris in the Pennsylvania paddock.

Expatter, please don't make the mistake of believing the loony fringe like the Peters A & B.
It's all rubbish and I cannot see any reason for it other than mental illness or some other agenda.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 17:53:33 |Display all floors

The issue is what happened afterwards

9 11.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.