Author: expatter

911. What happened? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-9 06:00:10 |Display all floors

Planes are fragile

Those who remember the Comet,the first jetliner will remember how they fell apart in flight operating
well within the flight envelope,flown by professionals.The aircraft skin is 1.0 to 1.25 mm thick in most
parts of the fuselage and the wings and empennage.Skin.The word says it all,doesn't it.The thin alclad
panels buckle in flight under normal operating conditions.We have all seen the wings flex 2 metres at
the tips in turbulence.Excessive speed renders the plane uncontrollable and initiates airframe flutter
instability which can tear it apart.Which happened to the Comet and many other aircraft over the years.

Aluminium has only one third the density and one third the rigidity of steel.The towers consisted of 6 mm
thick columns at the point of  "impact" ,355 mm square,spaced about a metre apart.The Hezarkhani,
Foreman,Courchesne and other fake videos show "UA 175" passing smoothly and cleanly through
the South face of the South Tower,completely undecellerated and undamaged.It's 1.25 mm skin cutting
neat slots in massive columns,spandrel plates,100 mm thick concrete slabs and other structural
members.As senior aerospace engineer Joseph Keith said "How stupid do they think the people are to
believe that crap !!??"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 07:11:41 |Display all floors
Hmmm, Okay, point take Petera, I have seen tinfoil cut through breadcrust though, (tough bread too) is it possible that at great speed even something with a thin skin might have enough power to do what the plane is supposed to have done?

As for the collapse of building seven I might be able to offer an explanation of why people thought it was an explosion.
Compressed air.
The sound we hear when something explodes is the sound of air causing the disruption of its surroundings in a tiny amount of time, the pressure causing a concussive wave that makes a loud boom. alot of people would have no idea about the difference between the sound caused by pressure and one catalyzed by a pyrotechinic explosion.

Also, when the other buidings fell, they were hit at the top. The plane only really needed to cause enough of an impact to cause one floor to fall. The weight of that would put enough pressure on those underneath it to start a chain reaction.
Like squishing abanana from the top. You can not do it easily but if you soften a bit in the middle then it is much easier.

Now, dont get grumpy, I am not physicist, I just grew up in a family of builders, dad always said skyscrapers were a really dumb idea. A top only as wide as the bottom and without a pyramid based foundation? Asking for trouble.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 07:24:06 |Display all floors

Rubbish

Vorgal's post is bereft of hard reasoning and does not deserve a response.I will ask a couple of
questions.Great speed ? How high ? 546 mph ? Prove it can be done by a B767 or similar. And speed
does not confer on the weaker object greater strength.A coke can will crumple no matter how fast you
bring your foot down on it.It will never cut a clean circular hole in the sole of your shoe and vanish into
that hole.A coke can is a great scaled down model for the fragile fuselage.Same material,similar
radius to thickness ratio.This ratio and the material properties determine the load that will cause the
thin cylindrical shell to buckle.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 07:45:17 |Display all floors
I can stand on top of a coke can that is full (or empty yet unopened) (I am 80 kg) and it will not break at all. Its integrity in uncompromised., open it, expose it to air though and it falls down immediately. As I said, i am no physicist but I can see simple cause and effect. the building we are talking aobut are not made from carefully laid bricks though, they are built so that the minimum amount of material is used to produce a building that performs a function without becoming exhorbitantly expensive.

And I am sure that if I threw a can of coke at Petera's head, (not travelling at 500+ MPH) he would still fall down. despite it only being paper thin.

I do not offer spiral logic, just common sense.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 07:46:54 |Display all floors
I have to say though, making the remnants of a plane vanish. that is a neat trick......If they really could not find any then well I have to say the picture does not fit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 10:03:36 |Display all floors
Expatter: why don't you go back and read your original post. This has never been "just about building 7".
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-12-9 12:11:49 |Display all floors

TraderVic

Hi there,

Yes, Pearl Harbour.  They saw the planes coming in on radar and interpreted a different meaning.  Result.  Chaos.

911.  NORAD does also make for a rather strange set of reading events.

Is this just ineptitude?  One of the most militarily defended regions of the U.S and F15s and 16 cannot fly faster than 500mph.

I think this whole topic is a mixture of incompetance and whitewash to cover other things. This then leads to conspiracy and and little green men which turns the whole thing into a porridge of worms.  The more strange the ideas then the more lost the initial information gets.

Kind of a convenient soup.

I am still curious about building No 7 though.  It really should have been looked at much better than the FEMA and NIST enquiries.  Neither of them produced anything like scientific evidence of their claims.  FEMA, fire damage.  NIST metal expansion, and NIST also accepted (or did not dispute) the premise of thermite dust in the surrounding debris.

Curioser and curioser.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.