Author: souvenir

Will you show off luxury items online? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-6-29 04:55:50 |Display all floors
From what I can tell, Chinese culture is very money oriented and people like to show off their name brand clothes and people comparing their cars, salaries, etc... When I visited China, I saw a guy showing off his car and had a big smile on his face when people were coming to check out his Lambo.

If they can do this in public, I am not surprise about them showing off their gear online, especially girls. I believe there is a Chinese term for these girls.  

What is really sad is that most of these girls that shows off all their brand name purses and clothes, can't even afford it. They take out multiple credit cards, and put themselves further and further into debt. It like an addiction. I'm guessing in their minds, they think they'll eventually marry a rich guy to further feed her need for expensive luxury items.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-9 11:03:41 |Display all floors
If I countered these girls,I will go away without a word.Because I feel they are very bore and superficial.There's no need to speak with them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-10 22:57:11 |Display all floors
no money
no luxury
nothing to show off
I'm so poor.
still a long way to strive...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-7-13 22:55:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kingpanda at 2009-6-29 04:55
From what I can tell, Chinese culture is very money oriented and people like to show off their name brand clothes and people comparing their cars, salaries, etc... When I visited China, I saw a guy ...

i do not like people who show their luxury items to others.honestly speaking,i have seen few people like this around me up to now.so i don't agree with your words"chinese culture is very money oriented".it is one-side.everyone has their choices and living styles.i just live in my way and enjoy it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 11:42:24 |Display all floors
I don not like such showing off matters! Spiritual is more important than materialistic .......I offen see some rich people around me live empty life, and they have to play Majiang almost every night...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 18:37:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by egoist at 2008-12-11 14:13
ok,buddy , be easy, I don't think  it is a serious problem, if  girls  show something on their blog or website, that is their  own choice.  we could't get a judgement that these girls are superfici ...

absolutely agree on your opinion

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-18 18:58:08 |Display all floors
in fact , i don't think the behaviour of showing off some luxry items is bad  , maybe this kind of behaviour is easy to get criticize or bad words , but just as every netizens have the right to post their comment , girls have right to show off . the most important thing is that both show off girl and netizens have the correct understanding  of the value of luxury is just hiding behind luxury things

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.