Views: 8637|Replies: 36

Do you fight in your marriage about money? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-28 05:08:15 |Display all floors
My wife and I argue about money quite often.

We both have responsible works which give us enough money to have a good living and make good investements but we have very different philosophies about spending ,saving and budgets.

When we were considering getting married we were able to foresee this problem ,so we established rules for any conflict on money issues which she never followed.

Unfortunately we have different spending habits which create some sort of friction

She spends a lot of money on clothes ,jewellery and cosmetics which she is easily bored with,
finding reasons all the time for new buys.

She is always reminding me that she spends her money ,not my money.

I have told her many times that in a marriage there is no my money,there is only our money.

I have created my own business in a greek island which is very successful ,I want to keep and save the money.I have the philosophy that we never know if the money I make now I will be able to make in the future.

I grasped the chance to establish a good business in Greece ,I want to save money.The financial crisis is apparent.Who knows if we will be able to make so much money always.

This is the only problem I have with my wife.Can you talk about it ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-28 08:14:41 |Display all floors
Why not you married with accountant?

That will resolve your money issues.

I am joking with you.My wife is accountant who know how to budget the incoming,how to control consumption,how to spend less money on more worthy thing,how to save money month by month.

So I donot worried about the money issue.I only consider how to make more money and how to study further even if our total salary can not match the incoming profits of your business.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-28 11:02:37 |Display all floors

Reply #1 rosepanther's post

Money is not a PROBLEM but a Challenge in our marriage.Women who nowadays seem to earn more and more money tend to spend money more freely than men.Maybe it's their nature to decorate themselves by fashionable cloths,fragrant cosmetics,precious jewellry...etc,especially for those married women.

My wife is same as yours in money expenditure.Years ago I had to make some rules to regulate her spending desire which might destroy my happy family.These rules are not secret.I just let family Duty mix with Money--each coin should be responsible to Family in which we are living~~These rules work well on my wife,also me

Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-28 11:04:41 |Display all floors

Reply #2 loststar's post

You are a lucky guy who married a wife of money-saving.During such downturn peroid,money-saving means money-making.I envy you a little bit.
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-11-28 18:46:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2008-11-28 05:08

We both have responsible works which give us enough money to have a good living and make good investements but we have very different philosophies a ...

Your wife is a very beautiful woman Rosey ,you must be proud of that.She does not buy nice clothes on ly for herself.She cares so much about you.She buys so nice clothes for you.Bear in mind that in her work she is in contact with rich people ,very well dressed ,she has to be dressed in a similar way.She can not wear the same clothes every day.

Avoid fights.You can not make her change.She is a woman with good taste in clothes.
Keep your money for your goals and try to convince her to save something from her money..
I am quite different from your wife.I also buy good quality things in clothes but I do not change them easily.I keep them for a long time.I pity the money spent on clothes and jewellery.Money come out not easily.

I prefer to spend money on things which last for ever.These are things for the house.I buy them and never change them .Keep them for a life.You know what I do?When I have a goal to reach or when I want to buy something I save money for a long time.I become really stingy.Then when I gather the money for the specific target I willingly spend it all until I start saving again.You see I am for a long time stingy in order to reach the target.My advice for you is to compromise and accept her as she is.Do not make quarrels with her.You will be the loser.:Q
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-28 21:36:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2008-11-28 05:08

We both have responsible works which give us enough money to have a good living and make good investements but we have very different philosophies a ...

Rosey if you know women well
do not fight with her
it will be useless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-28 21:50:28 |Display all floors
My wife and I fight about just about everything else but not about money!

I think we both agree that in a marriage there is never "my money" and "your money", only "our money". Curiously, some of our married friends retain their own money but they negotiate who pays for what. That's too complicated if you ask me.

We had one friend who bought a new RMB 10,000 digital camera against his wife's protests. I can't imagine spending that kind of money without mutual agreement.

I think our thread-starter has a problem. I hope that he and his wife can continue to work around this issue.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.