Views: 13468|Replies: 52

Employment in 'grim situation'! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-20 16:00:42 |Display all floors
The worsening global economic situation had weighed upon the country's employment since October, with unemployment occurred at some enterprises, especially labor-intensive small and medium-sized ones, when they were shut down or halted operation, China's Human Resources and Social Security Minister Yin Weimin told a press conference.
The minister expected the country's employment would face more difficulties in the first quarter of next year, but improvement was expected in the second quarter when government measures to boost domestic demand began to take effect.
He said the registered unemployment rate was 4 percent for the January-October period in towns and cities, and the figure was below the government target of about 4.5 percent for the whole year.

The number of new employees totaled 10.2 million in the first 10 months, higher than the annual target of 10 million, he said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 17:45:56 |Display all floors
4% is like my country so is not big problem unlike some wests ~10%
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 17:50:53 |Display all floors

The situation is indeed grim.

If Southern China (PRD) is an example the figure has to be higher than 4%.
But then again many have already left and gone back home. (so they are not counted here)
But no way are jobs been created faster than are being lost. (I suspect a huge net loss)
The real impact and figures are yet to be revealed. (The most recent Canton Trade Fair for example)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 17:54:54 |Display all floors
I'm a graduating student .
And because of the worsening global economic situation,   I feel so upset to find a job, not to mention a satisfactory job for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 22:52:46 |Display all floors

Some are fired.

More will not be able to get their contract renewed after it expires.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 23:27:41 |Display all floors

For those looking for details...

news.b bc.c o.u k/2/hi/asia-pacific/7739245.s tm
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-20 23:47:35 |Display all floors

Why social unrest?

I am really curious about this fear of social unrest because of bad times.

In life, you take the good with the bad.

People rely too much on the government and not enough on themselves. I don't really think the Chinese people can lay this on the Chinese government.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2008-11-20 11:49 PM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.