Views: 3971|Replies: 6

one cardio minute at a time [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-27 10:39:22 |Display all floors
Grzybowski did stray somewhat from her contest template last August during the first-ever World Gym Express "Prison Break." Based on the Fox show centered around a correctional facility in Joliet, Ill., the contest began with Grzybowski placing all participants in a hypothetical jail. The first step toward freedom involved strength training — "You need to build up your strength before you break out of jail," Grzybowski says — with steps two through five dedicated to traversing the 287 miles between Joliet and Fairfax one cardio minute at a time. With the fifth stage starting in mountainous Wheeling, W.Va., contestants were required to log their treadmill miles at an incline. During each day along the escape route, participants were allowed one reach into a grab bag, with the chance that it might yield a coupon for a free protein drink or a note reading, "You hitched a ride on a train and cut 10 miles off this particular leg of your journey."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-27 10:41:35 |Display all floors
每次都让你心跳(因为兴奋或者刺激,心跳的感觉)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-27 12:02:10 |Display all floors
Fairfax既是一家健身中心的名称,又是这家中心的所在地。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-27 12:38:42 |Display all floors
每次做一分钟的心肺功能锻炼?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-10-27 21:38:03 |Display all floors
cardio 应该是指心脏锻炼。不知道 one minute at a time (一分钟一分钟地)是什么意思。不像是每次锻炼一分钟。

也许是一分钟一分钟地做下去,到挺不住为止?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-28 06:38:21 |Display all floors
从网上找到了与本文无关的另外两处用法:
一、
Gradual Weight Loss
Don’t make a mistake of hurrying your way to a clean bill of health. This can even take a few years. Your healthy lifestyle journey should be stable and take one food at a time, one cardio minute at a time and one dumbbell kg at a time.
Take your baby steps by replacing your white bread with brown bread for a week and further replacing your brown bread with wholegrain bread later. The same applies with your other foods. Simply replace one bad food with a healthy alternative every week.
二、
I just read my post....
I'm about Hannah's size, and honestly, I DOOOO have fat to loose.  Her advice is solid and good and kind and I'm grateful for it.   As a matter of fact, I do do weighted (2 lbs) work AND I go squats (an INSANE amount of plie squats actually).  
All I'm refusing is to let that be my FOCUS.  Because, I don't want the fat I have to turn to muscle.  I want the fat I have to GO AWAY.  Therefore, i'm trying to get in at least one cardio minute for every strength minute.  Bc, I do want to be toned....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-28 07:26:44 |Display all floors
看来原文交待不清,敢情把读者都当成是熟悉这个领域的受众了。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.