Author: yuan_zcen

Chinese farmers' income to be doubled [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-13 22:21:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by loststar at 2008-10-13 11:45

I agree with you.
Yes,it is emergent to extend medical insurance system and retirement amount in village.

But it is huge difficulty in china becuase of rural population.

yep, it's very difficult for gov to let all people in china to get out of poverty, but we should realize actually china gov has made great progress on reducing poverty people qty, so we also need keep confident in future, at least our gov pay more attention to rural people, as said "the road is flexural, but the future is bright", right?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 00:54:40 |Display all floors
2020 from the 2008 level
My sexy blog:
www.votevip.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 11:25:09 |Display all floors

Hopefully waiting for the day to come

It is really a good news to farmers. In all kinds of reports and statistics, farmers are always described as a group of people with higher and higher income. Perhaps those statistics are true in some areas, but in my hometown, farmers do not own that high income as reported, but still live under the poverty line and have to lead a miserable life.

They often lack money to do what is necessary, for example, to provide tuition fees for their children, most of the farmers do not have the ability to afford their children to enter universities. Under this condition, many students from rural area have to take loan to pay their tuition fees, as for their cost of life, they have to do part-time job to earn pocket money. It is miserable for a poor student, to earn his basic life fees will take his most time, as a result, the student's study will be affected badly.

This is the temporary situations in rural areas, at least in my hometown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 12:36:36 |Display all floors

Reply #52 tigeress's post

one good way to help farmers......just do like Australia...give them money!

ha ha ha

Rmb2,000 per family.....
but we have 800 million rural people......
maybe Rmb500 billion outlay....

too expensive?

oh! okay!

bad idea.

ha ha ha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 13:08:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2008-10-13 22:14

1.cancel the region restriction of Hukou,
2.widen the range of medicare and social welfare,
3.control ground cost then cut down housing price,
4.control the spead of CPI ramping,
5.accele ...

Greatly support iterm 2#.
Others i agree with.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 13:11:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2008-10-13 22:21

yep, it's very difficult for gov to let all people in china to get out of poverty, but we should realize actually china gov has made great progress on reducing poverty people qty, so we also ne ...

In 2020  I can verify what your said now is right.

I have confident in china government.

But i am much disappointed on the officials in the lower lever goverments.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 14:15:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen 2008-10-13 17:34
The first, disposable income means the money you safe in bank and buy something you want but not have to buy. So it's not reasonable to compare it with GDP growth rate.

The second, as GD said, farms need less disposable income than urbans.

Thanks yuan, I obviously wasn't paying enough attention and didn't realise it was disposable income. Still not much difference since we are talking growth rates and if expenses remain constant or increase with inflation then gross income growth (after inflation) should equal gowth in disposable income.

So I still think a 100% increase over 11 years is not worth getting excited about when GDP is averaging 9 or 10 percent a year.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.