Author: yuan_zcen

Chinese farmers' income to be doubled [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-13 20:34:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhiran at 2008-10-13 20:19
Given the inflationary impact after 12 years, is the doubling of disposable income really that hard a task to achieve?

This is not criticism! It is meant to encourage debate - I'd like to hear o ...

From the article:
"Per capita rural disposable income in 2007 was 4,140 yuan ($605), a year-on-year gain of 9.5 percent in real terms. A rise of at least 6 percent is expected this year, according to the government annual report issued in March".

i.e. they mention real increases, which are increases after discounting for inflation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 20:48:19 |Display all floors
Exactly my point. There was a rise this year of 9.5%.

If you read the whole article in CD, you will see the statement that infrastructure etc is still very poor in the rural areas.
If it is already rising by 9.5% when the infrastructure is poor, once this investment kicks in over the next 3 to 4 years, shouldn't we be able to see an even greater rise?

After all, a 9.5% rise when the figure is so small at present, really doesn't represent such a big increase.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 21:25:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2008-10-13 17:14

Good boy! Hope you remember what you said today when you achieve your goal.

The problem in your post is real and inevitable in China's urbanizaton. Somehow agriculture is sacrified for Indus ...

yes, my friend ,i promis i can chieve what i said, what you said is very resonable, and we all hope the situation in rural areas will get better.
by the way i am not a boy, i am a girl , hahha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 22:00:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nulijulie at 2008-10-13 10:57
i am very happy to hear that, thank you for telling this good news in time, and we all hope this goal will come true soon.to tell the truth, i am from a very poor
and small village,and i can deep ...

hope all people in china will get out of poverty is very difficult and not realistic,  anyone who do not come to remote village will hv not physical feeling about poverty, it's impossible for people in city to imagine the living status at some rural area in china,
looks u know this clearly, also i come from village and my parent still live in rarul, what i can do is to work hard and try my best to earn money a lot, then submit more money to them which can give my parent a better life, because i hvn't the ability to pick up them to my working city, u know, the housing price is so high, i can't afford one apartment by myself, which means i can't provide a stable life to my parent in my working city,so pity,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 22:13:04 |Display all floors

Good rural policy by President and Premier

The objectives are to lift the living standard of the peasants and narrow the income gap between farmers and urbanites.

The government has heard and is responding to the dissatisfaction of the rural population and is acting to legislate laws which will protect the farmers from corrupt land-grabbing local officials. This move would hopefully redress past wrongs and remove any volatile economic issues.

With the new legislation, farmers will be able to sell their right to their plot of land to corporate agri-businesses and communities, however I do see a need to provide unbiased legal and financial advice to farmers contemplating the move to sell their rights.

Another step forward for China.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 22:14:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by loststar at 2008-10-13 11:20
My suggestion:
1,To reduce the gap between city and village
2,on the conditaion of not land reform,how to possess of the capital asserts for farmer.
3,the issue of national enterprise devel ...

1.cancel the region restriction of Hukou,
2.widen the range of medicare and social welfare,
3.control ground cost then cut down housing price,
4.control the spead of CPI ramping,
5.accelerate the incorporation between town and village,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 22:15:34 |Display all floors
1.cancel the region restriction of Hukou,
2.widen the range of medicare and social welfare,
3.control ground cost then cut down housing price,
4.control the spead of CPI ramping,
5.accelerate the incorporation between town and village,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.