Author: buddy35

China: A Healthy Nation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-13 07:14:10 |Display all floors

That inability to conceptualize .

White Dove,

This is an example par excellent of the shallow , illogical and superficial arguments often put up by westerners when they are cornered . To equate the population of China  to the grossly overweight and obese plus unfit western rich nation is a case in point . No one knows what the future has in store but as things stand now , the rich and lazy are victims of their good life . End of story . Cheers .

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2008-10-13 07:15 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 07:27:01 |Display all floors

Reply #50 mengzhi's post

No, your post is an example of your inability to accept the truths about some folkks here in China. I'm here and see it daily ole pal. You sit from afar and pontificate......see the difference. Now, also, please refer to a point I made that they are rich kids and are therefor spoiled rotten and are lazy little sh!ts to be honest.
white, hi again! Yes, you're right in saying the kids in normal schools tend to be healthier and not "large" do to their parents feeding them properly. I'd like to point out that I'm not comparing that 40% of my students to anybody. I'm just strating that this is the case in the place I teach now. it's not the overall trend in China and yes, you're right again, that I have a very healthy respect, and indeed love, for the students I've taught here. Most of them are bright and articulate kids who truly want to learn and help China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 07:33:33 |Display all floors

Reply #51 exportedkiwi's post

So where you now in china?
you teach english to primary kids?

I'm coming china for the first time next year, planning christmas dec 2009

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 10:26:37 |Display all floors

Reply #54 seneca's post

partially true so wats your motive in changing subject?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 10:39:33 |Display all floors

The wrong premise and the wrong conclusions .

My Kiwi pal ,

The subject here is about national health . China is ultra slim on the scale of BMI full stop . The future could be different but that would be another discussion at that time . You quote your one class and implied that China is represented by the findings there . It is lacking in common sense , non scientific and down right illogical .  We are focusing on the ripple effects of this overweight / obese problem into hypertension , diabetes , heart and brain attacks . This is what the health of a nation means .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 19:55:29 |Display all floors
Heathy? the body or the mind?
kid2.jpg
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-14 11:39:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-14 11:34
Why are mainland Chinese' life expectancy lower than the life expectancy of Hongkongers? ...

But you choose to be here, not Hongkong, right?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.