Author: ouyangdan

Is China the greatest civilization that has ever existed in the universe? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-10 13:54:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-10-10 13:32
Hiya white! Well, when you basg the US, you are also bashing a helluva lot of friends of mine, none of whom see what is written about them so, as a true friend, I remain loyal and stand up for them. I'm sure you'd do the same for your Chinese friends and I'd expect you to do so....

1. I am Chinese so to I am destined to be gaurding the prosperity and purity of china.
2. Question: Are you americen?

The problem here is that there's a lot of reaction and no pro-action and that's what's wrong. There's too much sh!tslinging and not enough constructive debate. I understand that many of the things written are viewed, by the Chinese forumites, as defending China but in reality, you're not. All you're doing is making China look worse and that sure isn't an effective way of making friends! ...

1. If wat you said are considered right, then you'll also make yourself and your countrymen embarrashed by bashing us back.
2. You are a visitor to China, a Chinese forum member. Respect is the key manner is the gesture, which you parents probably never taught you how to treat other nations properly.
3. We are both here to make friends not just us

It's often said here that the crimes of the West are well known. Well, we don't shy away from our history and are the last to call ourselves perfect. We realise (on the whole) that we're imperfect and have made mistakes. ...

1. No, you have always tried to bluff yourself away. You even said you never commit those crimes and that's not your problem as its already past.
2. Satenca even worse, claiming Boxer Rebellion, opiuem wers as a way of freeing china.

Some of our more voiciferous Chinese forumites however, aren't about to admit or see anything wrong with China, knowing as they do the faultsa that exist. Just as some of you like to continually point out our faults, some of my fellow Westerners feel it necessary to point out the faults of yours, and Chinas. ...

1. Now, thats bull, if we can't tell the difference we won't be wasting our time. It is because i understood his words and allegations. Your fellow western mates are not pointing out our faults. They are slandering China because of the fault.

To say it's none of my (their) businesses is wrong because it's our planet....all of ours and the sooner we get used to that idea, and the fragility of life on this planet, the sooner we start to become friends. ...

1. Yes dats why china in putting R&D in space development for the sake of our future to seek and explore the universe. Your mate sataneca post a suspicious reply claiming china is out there probably testing nuclear (oneday).

As for you not bashing NZ...thanks, but never tell me to shut up. I am much older, far more experienced, have lived in your country, my country, the country you're in now and have travelled to far more than most here are ever likely to see. I've achieved more in my 40+ years than many here will ever achieve and that gives me certain rights to be exempt from such insolence from a young schoolchild, or uni student. ...

1. Ok, I take the shut-up bit back

I say this not to offend but to educate. If you want respect as a person and as Chinese, it must be earned. Hope all's well in Aussie for you. Please remember that you're there because they allow you to be, not because you have the right to be there. ...

1. To some extent yes, but not entirely. Aust needed people. Invited us to come so we applied.
2. Zheng He was the was who found Aust not Cpt Cook and many people in the world has already accepted if you refer to Gavin Menzies 1421 + 1434
3. PM H.J.Tao even did a speech during his previous trips to Australia broadcasted nationwide

just as I'm allowed to be here. I never take this peromission for granted but, in the West, it's easy for some non-nationals, to do so. Please don't be one of those people and bite the hand that allows you so amny freedoms and so much.
Peace y'all!  ...

1. Don't worry, I treat things individually.
2. I believe there are alot of good hearted anglos but some in this forums are not wat i have desired.

[ Last edited by whit3dov3s at 2008-10-10 01:58 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-11 01:16:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-10 13:21

Yeah, yeah, Changamula/gotohell alias 'Buddy' is whining and whingeing about the ungrateful 'wsterners' that do not enter into discussions with him on HIS terms; how ungrateful of us! We should ...

You people invaded numerous lands killing and exterminating many people.
Then people like yourself, on this forum, defend this widescale murder.

I will not let you forget your cruelty UNTIL you apologise for your evil!.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-12 20:43:31 |Display all floors
Hiya white! Firstly, thanks for such a detailed reply...I certainly appreciated the time and effort you put into it.
I'll answer your questions or points numerically;

QUOTE:
Hiya white! Well, when you basg the US, you are also bashing a helluva lot of friends of mine, none of whom see what is written about them so, as a true friend, I remain loyal and stand up for them. I'm sure you'd do the same for your Chinese friends and I'd expect you to do so....
You said..............
1. I am Chinese so to I am destined to be gaurding the prosperity and purity of china.
2. Question: Are you americen?

!/You're NOT responsible for guarding Chinas prosperity and purity, that's the governments job and because China is pursuing a more global role and  assuming its UNSC identity, this may well be (please note; I said, may well be) wishful thinking. The global community pretty much ensures that this idea of yours is obsolete before you even think of it. If you mean...racial purity, I'm sorry to say, you're waaaay behind the 8 ball there! Just walk around Guangzhou for examples of this. i know you know what I mean.

2/With an ID like exportedkiwi, what nationality to you think I am? Further to this, does my nationality matter and if it does, why? Nationalities are a matter of lineated maps, nothing more. before you're Chinese or I'm a Kiwi, we're both human so this point holds no water in reality.

You said.............
1. If wat you said are considered right, then you'll also make yourself and your countrymen embarrashed by bashing us back.
2. You are a visitor to China, a Chinese forum member. Respect is the key manner is the gesture, which you parents probably never taught you how to treat other nations properly.
3. We are both here to make friends not just us

1/No, I certainly don't bash China at all. I provide an objective view and my opinion. If some oversensitive people choose to misconstrue it as bashing, well, more fool them!
2/You are a visitor to Australia, and yet you constantly make negative comments....cease forthwith unless you wish to be a hypocrite! FYI, I DO respect China which should be apparent in my almost 3000 posts here. The underlying message I try to provide is that respect is essential to understanding. if I write an opinion that is deemed disrespectful, I'm sorry, but it's how I feel and I speak from my heart about some things. You can, I can so there it is!
I have never commented on parents here as being any way disrespectful. Your mention of mine borders on downright rudeness and I don't accept it. My parents bought me up extremely well and I'd hazard a guess, better than most here. I was fortunate enough to go abroad for most holidays and meet many people frm many countries before I was 10 years old! My parents aren't really at issue here but their lessons remain....if a spade is a spade, why call it a digging implement? We can use this to mean, if a poster here is an idiot, then I'll say so.
3/ YHes, I came here accidently and wished to make friends....and I have. Some folks here are irreperably nationalistic to a point where any further form(s) of communication with them are superfluous and unwarranted. If a person is an idiot, he/she remains so and nothing I, or others can say will change this fact. This is certainly the case with some of out fellow forumites.

You said...............
1. No, you have always tried to bluff yourself away. You even said you never commit those crimes and that's not your problem as its already past.
2. Satenca even worse, claiming Boxer Rebellion, opiuem wers as a way of freeing china.

1/ I have never tried to bluff myself out of the accusations concerning my ancestry and have stated that the opium wars were wrong and should never have happened. Beyond this, I have no comment. If you expect me to say I'm guilty for something I didn't so and was way before I was even born, or my parent and grandparents, then you're dreaming. That'd be the same as me expecting you to apologise for Ghengis Khans rape of Europe all those hundreds of years ago....foolish huh?
2/ I've met seneca in person and found him to be a damned nice bloke! If he has his opinions, they're his and he has the right to air them as much as you have the right to air yours. Do you honestly think that because this is a Chinese foruim, that we shouldn't speak our minds for fear of "hurting" or insulting Chinese forumites? if this is the case, think again. Chinese forumites have been, sonce I came into this forum, been gleefully dishing it out but when it comes to taking it, they're woefully lacking in character that allows differences but can sustain friendships despite those differences. It's not a foreign fault so maybe you should look closer to home.

You said..............
1. Now, thats bull, if we can't tell the difference we won't be wasting our time. It is because i understood his words and allegations. Your fellow western mates are not pointing out our faults. They are slandering China because of the fault.

1/ See above. Nothing I've asid was or is bull. You don't know this person, you have no inkling or idea but you and your Chinese forumnites constantly assume. Maybe some things are lost in translation and I can accept that but your English appears to be good enough to read between the lines. My fellow Western forumites are pointing out what they see as faults or problems. To do so isn't anti-China but it's always viewed as such. maybe some of them can use different wording but their opinions are no less valid than yours or mine so it's time for all to accept that. This is only the internet and only one forum. If this is so serious, you have 2 choices, leave the forum or ignore those who you perceive to be slandering China....simple really! If you can slander, they can too and as tongluren is so happy to point out..."what's good must be universal" so if you can't stand the heat, keep the hell out of the kitchen....ming bai!

You said....................
1. Yes dats why china in putting R&D in space development for the sake of our future to seek and explore the universe. Your mate sataneca post a suspicious reply claiming china is out there probably testing nuclear (oneday).

1/ dat? You know better so we won't go there! I'm all for China putting R&D as a priority but not at the cost of folks who need medication and education. I say the same for the US, or any country. We know China has a nuclear capability and if she tests and develops more weapons, for space then she's breaking the treaty that stipulates the non-nuclearisation of space. Unless you can prove that other countries are doing it (and not just ideas, thoughts, suppositions, paranoia) then China can't, and mustn't do so or they'll become a pariah....not something she needs in the wake of such wonderful and also tragic, events this year. Like I said, seneca has his own ideas and to assume that his idea is the one that we all subscribe to is erroneous and stupid. We can agree to disagree and that shows maturity...something some here are lacking.

You said........
1. Ok, I take the shut-up bit back

1/ Thanks and I do mean it. it's not easy to apologise and I do truly appreciate this from you. It's one reason i continue to reply to you....because you show your humanity and are reasonable. We can be friends here without always agreeing and that's fine by me.

You said..................
1. To some extent yes, but not entirely. Aust needed people. Invited us to come so we applied.
2. Zheng He was the was who found Aust not Cpt Cook and many people in the world has already accepted if you refer to Gavin Menzies 1421 + 1434
3. PM H.J.Tao even did a speech during his previous trips to Australia broadcasted nationwide

1/ But it's not your country so you must still respect their ways and customs and opinions. I have to do so here in China and don't go out of my way to let others know how I think/feel about certain issues in China....nor should you do so in Aussie. Respect your host as much as I respect mine and we'll do fine. BTW, I still pay tax back in Aussie and NZ as well as in China, so I figure I have the right to voice opinions as long as they're said with respect and without any ill wishes towards the host.
2/ I haven't read the book, it's not the bible but because it espouses Chinas alleged "discoveries" it's taken as gospel by some. I have no opinion but I do respect Zheng Hes exploits and I don't doubt the veracity of the idea that he found Aussie before Capt Cook, but there was one other before Cook, from Europe.
3/ I have no idea about this as I got no news of it. I'm sure many Chinese were happy to hear Mr Hu and why not. The Chinese folks everywhere, that don't live in China must remember their native land but must also remember that they're citizens of another country now and China doesn't recognise dual citizenship so......well, I guess you know what I'd say next so no need to go there....it's called diplomacy or tact.

You said.................
1. Don't worry, I treat things individually.
2. I believe there are alot of good hearted anglos but some in this forums are not wat i have desired.

1/ Me too but morons and isiots are still just that...morons and idiots, no matter what nation they're from.  Differing ideas of what constitute those things differ too depending on ones strength of national identity and allegiance. We're all human first, of a nation second...remember that...all of you!
2/ Yes, there are some fine Westerners here but they're constantly chastised for being themselves so sometimes a little tolerance goes a long way.

Right, you wrote an excellent post there and I hope this answers it with the required thoughts of mine.
Kind regards.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-10-12 21:39:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-10-12 21:43
Hiya white! Firstly, thanks for such a detailed reply...I certainly appreciated the time and effort you put into it.
I'll answer your questions or points numerically;

QUOTE:
Originally poste ...

Kiwi,

A good reply, by and large I agree with you and I'm sure you invested quite some time in it. Just one point I've to make because this is necessary for a balanced view (in my opinion):

Yes, there are some fine Westerners here but they're constantly chastised for being themselves so sometimes a little tolerance goes a long way.

I believe that there are also some Westerners over here who provoke and behave in a despicable way.  Sorry, but this had to be added.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-12 23:30:55 |Display all floors

Reply #54 satsu_jin's post

Yeah, was thinking about that but didn't want to pour oil on the fire so to speak. Theres too damn much finger pointing going on here and it's high time it stopped. I know you understand!
Cheers and kampai!
P.S; bad spelling on my post but I can't be bothered editting it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 00:34:24 |Display all floors

Cr@p ...

Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-10-9 15:13
When I joined this forum, I thought that we would have some interesting debates about current issues.

As changabula all you did was trawl Google for facts about China and Chinese people and insult anyone who attempted to seek comparison with other countries and civilisations ...

As gotohell/buddy35/mandingo your MO has become more based around direct attacks on anyone who expresses an opinion that differs to yours.

You NEVER debate, you pretend to be pro-China but there is no evidence that you are even Chinese.

You are nothing more than a spamming troll ... and remember changabula was voted (by the forum members) to be a racist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 00:41:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by whit3dov3s at 2008-10-9 09:29
white-anglos

If you wanted to be taken seriously you would find a more polite way of referring to another race or colour of people.

Alas, like tong, chang, mengzhi, toto, etc ... You would rather fan the flames than look for positive and constructive debate.

The other thing about that list of forumites above is NONE OF YOU live in China. Stop pretending that China is yours - it functions perfectly well without people like you.

There are plenty of problems in the World and plenty of problems in China. Take off your rose-tinted glasses when you look at the history of China - even the man gracing the currency has been classed by many as a mass-murderer.

How about savaging the Indonesians for the way they treated the Chinese? It is staggering how many Chinese forget what happened there - and more recent than any historical event you choose to whinge about.

Of course, you might prefer to be seen as just been anti-white ... i.e another racist.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.