Author: ouyangdan

Is China the greatest civilization that has ever existed in the universe? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-13 19:49:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-10-13 19:53:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2008-10-13 20:49

Just take advantage and buy - as long as it is cheap. Things will go up again for sure.

:)

Ooops, thanks for this expertise. I've a different opinion. What we see now is the end of the beginning, I bet.

Stay tuned for more toxic news in the coming weeks and months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 20:29:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 20:30:42 |Display all floors
Bananas in pyjamas

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 21:20:01 |Display all floors
1. We are residents of China
2. We pay taxes here - and receive no social& welfare benefits (as do all Chinese citizens)
3. Many of us have Chinese wives, families and a greta deal of time and money invested in China
4. With all the above, why shouldn't we analyse the areas in which China needs to improve. CHINA IS OUR HOME.

If you visit the Chinese forums, these discussions happen. The simple fact is that the chang/tong/toto/mengzhi's of this forum won't tolerate criticism of ANY kind form a non-Chinese person. Even when these discussions happen openly among the Chinese, they will shout down any foreigner that tries to express the same opinions that many Chinese here on the mainland offer.

My view is simple. I have invested a great deal of time, money & emotion in China. Why can't I make constructive criticism to make my adopted home better?  I carry out all legal responsibilities in this country that any Chinese person does. The only difference is our nationality's.

On the topic of this forum. The posters who refuse to allow me to express these (above mentioned) opinions. NONE OF THEM LIVE IN CHINA. I have invested more time, emotion, money, years to make China a better environment in which to live than they have. I defen the right to express my opinion on that basis. Their xenophobic ranting does NOT HELP CHINA.

And one last thing. Again, I tell you not to call people here 'white anglos'.

No one here calls the Chinese "Chinamen" because it IS racist.

White Anglo, as term, is equally racist too. (And this from an Asian!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-13 21:29:19 |Display all floors

Best Post EVER

Originally posted by zhiran at 2008-10-13 21:20
2. We pay taxes here - and receive no social& welfare benefits (as do all Chinese citizens)
3. Many of us have Chinese wives, families and a greta deal of time and money invested in China
4. With all the above, why shouldn't we analyse the areas in which China needs to improve. CHINA IS OUR HOME.

If you visit the Chinese forums, these discussions happen. The simple fact is that the chang/tong/toto/mengzhi's of this forum won't tolerate criticism of ANY kind form a non-Chinese person. Even when these discussions happen openly among the Chinese, they will shout down any foreigner that tries to express the same opinions that many Chinese here on the mainland offer.

My view is simple. I have invested a great deal of time, money & emotion in China. Why can't I make constructive criticism to make my adopted home better?  I carry out all legal responsibilities in this country that any Chinese person does. The only difference is our nationality's.

On the topic of this forum. The posters who refuse to allow me to express these (above mentioned) opinions. NONE OF THEM LIVE IN CHINA. I have invested more time, emotion, money, years to make China a better environment in which to live than they have. I defen the right to express my opinion on that basis. Their xenophobic ranting does NOT HELP CHINA.

And one last thing. Again, I tell you not to call people here 'white anglos'.

No one here calls the Chinese "Chinamen" because it IS racist.

White Anglo, as term, is equally racist too. (And this from an Asian!)  

Now, could the mods take note and perhaps publish this on the front page of the BBS?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-10-13 21:39:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhiran at 2008-10-13 22:20
3. Many of us have Chinese wives, families and a greta deal of time an ...

Zhiran,

First of all good post. You have a point here and I have one question:

Under point 2 you mentioned that you do not receive social and welfare benefits because you're a foreigner. I assume that you're an expatriate who has been sent to China for a certain period of time and that you're receiving an expat salary. If this is the case, your social and welfare contributions are paid by your employer abroad, aren't they?

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-10-13 10:45 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.