Views: 3577|Replies: 7

fluid beings of light??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-24 15:17:32 |Display all floors
Years ago, before embarking on my spiritual path, I believed that I would and should have a career that would last until my retirement. But since then, and after many years questioning such beliefs and programming, I have come to realize that it is not in the nature of fluid beings of light to be doing anything for an extended period of time.

我知道这里指的就是“人”了,但想不明白人为什么是“光线的流动物体”?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-9-24 21:22:12 |Display all floors
这种“spiritual”的文章,用语措词也是特别 spiritual 的啦!
after many years questioning such beliefs and programming

What does programming mean?

-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 01:51:31 |Display all floors

我觉得是规划/计划/安排的意思吧。

就是你再计划都没用,人这种动物本来就是会变化,会对现状感到况疲倦,不太有定性的。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 15:52:01 |Display all floors
This person is speaking in a spiritual sense. "fluid beings of light" is to mean a person who is trying to live with higher ideals.

"programming" in this context is the things a person is told or hears everyday but may not be aware of it.
It is also used in the sense that people will believe what they believe because someone tells them to believe.
Often used in the context of talking about religion, politics, culture, nationalism...almost anything where a person doesn't uses critical thinking skills. Unfortunately, this "programming" is what goes on for most people. The person who starts to use critical thinking skills becomes aware of this "programming" that goes on in their everyday life.
Often people will say they are aware of this programming, but so long as they persist in their belief systems, they are unable to remove the "programming" unless they learn the critical thinking skills that can be summed as "question everything" Some would say this is a more responsible way to live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 16:48:17 |Display all floors
被编好程序般麻木地执行~

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2008-11-22 23:06:15 |Display all floors

fluid beings of light

Could the author be playing a word game with "The Incredible Lightness of Being"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 07:06:53 |Display all floors
Regarding "The Incredible Lightness of Being" you may have this confused. There is no word play intended.
This sentence is a reference to the writing of Ayn rand in the book "Atlas Shrugged" having to do with that ingrained nature within that knows when something is right and just (without looking to a higher spiritual plane). I don't think there is a relationship to a spiritual meaning in the sense of "fluid beings of light".

In the first post the question is about "fluid beings of light". This is from a different author who is speaking about following spiritual paths, and I am reasonably confident the author would find themselves at odds with Ayn Rands philosophy. In English we us the word "fluid" to mean "changeable".
In this article, the author goes on to say this in the next sentence..."Yes, I do agree that there are some folks who find something they adore and stick with it for their lifetime--but they are not in the majority".
The intent of this paragraph is that those people (beings) seeking some kind of spiritual enlightenment may go through changes (in the things that they do) while doing their seeking. Others don't change what they are doing while they are seeking.

This brings to mind again the subject that would be useful to have as some kind of a permanent post. This is that when a person posts their questions, it would be very, very, useful to everyone to have the entire paragraph of the related part that is being questioned, so that everyone can get a better idea of what the sentence structure is related to. It makes understanding what the intent of one sentence may have easier when you have the entire paragraph at hand.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.