Author: mariame

China, India hold new talks on border [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-28 12:33:01 |Display all floors

Reply #18 seneca's post

Or the 3 of us take a kayak trip down the mekong in Laos. Now that'd be something I really want to do when time presents itself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-3 22:40:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-9-28 14:11
I would have thought Emu and I should take a kayak trip along the Brahmaputra!

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-9-28 14:33
Or the 3 of us take a kayak trip down the mekong in Laos. Now that'd be something I really want to do when time presents itself.

Um, the Brahmaputra, the Mekong ?

I've seen what they put in those "Hindu" rivers (dead Hindus) , and while I am not sure about the mighty Mekong, I think I'll let my paddle along a Gorge near Darwin remain my most adventurous excursion on inland waterways.  (I will concede that it occurred before they admitted there were crocodiles in Litchfield Gorge)

No offence guys, and I do admire your courage in tackling the Brahmaputra, Mekong and Zambezi, but dry land will do me fine now !

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-10-4 08:08 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 10:38:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2008-9-19 11:53
China and India held a fresh round of talks in Beijing on Thursday as part of efforts to resolve their decades-old border dispute.

State Counselor Dai Bingguo, special representative of the Chin ...

Guess who plotted this border conflict in the first place? Again UK. Anybody ever heard of "McMahon Line"?
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 20:47:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-5 16:55
Oh yes, the bloody Anglos created a border to provoke the Chinese into incursions and invasions.

The Anglos should simply have left India's largely unmarked Himalayan side 'open' to future 'nego ...

Another missing part in your history book?

McMahon Line was unilaterally set by UK colonists without any negotiation with Chinese government. They wanted to force the weak Qing and the later but still weak ROC government to compromise. Fortunately neither of two government acknowledged it. Invasion? See who is so good at "invasion"!
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 20:48:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-5 16:55
Oh yes, the bloody Anglos created a border to provoke the Chinese into incursions and invasions.

The Anglos should simply have left India's largely unmarked Himalayan side 'open' to future 'nego ...

Another missing part in your history book?

McMahon Line was unilaterally set by UK colonists without any negotiation with Chinese government. They wanted to force the weak Qing and the later but still weak roc government to compromise. Fortunately neither of two government acknowledged it. Invasion? Guess who is so good at "invasion"!
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 19:17:07 |Display all floors
Seneca says:
And should they have negotiated with the distant emperor in Peking over the border of a country the British had no reason to think was in greedy Chinese hands???

Not as greedy nor brutal as Cortez's search for gold in the New World, as eloquently described in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's books, nor that of the Opium Wars, nor the massacres and plundering in Africa ( you're familiar with the Belgium Congo, no doubt), nor more recent examples of western avarice in the fraudulent Iraq war and Israel's brutal, greedy take-over of Palestinian lands in an attempt to secure a homeland for a people who were in turn subjected to western brutality.

Greed? Sure, look in the mirror.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 22:56:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-10-6 12:09

And should they have negotiated with the distant emperor in Peking over the border of a country the British had no reason to think was in greedy Chinese hands???

What a pathetic reply.

TBT has been part of China long before a country called Belgium exists in the world. Tbtn, as well as Han, Manchu, Miao, Tsiang and other 56 ethnic groups, all of them are the members of Chinese family for more than ten thousand years. Sorry, even DL acknowledges himself Chinese.

Try to fabricate other absurd theory if you can. A loser like you want to exonerate westerners' invasion guilty? What a joke...
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.