Views: 7384|Replies: 7

WHERE are my mooncakes this SEASON... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-2 23:39:42 |Display all floors
food prices are comin down dramatically during the past few weeks, and even gasoline droppin their prices as well.  BUT i'm not talkin 'bout regular foods that we need in order to survive; i'm screamin 'bout my mooncakes prices this year is climbin up just like my bamboo shoots in my home backyard...especially the fancy imports ONES  

*do you really think the ingredients that go in our mooncakes are unique & special...or just flour & sugar (ok some other things as well)  

i should try 2 bake my very own 1st batch of mooncakes this weekend...hopin not gonnabe NO FLOP  :lol :lol ;P

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-6 12:49:43 |Display all floors
Fewer and fewer mooncakes each year...as people finally become honest enough to admit that mooncakes taste like SHYT.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-6 16:24:18 |Display all floors

AINT the greatest thing on EARTH...

mooncakes are alright just as long as you DONT consume 'em 2 much, 'cause they're nothin' but lots of OIL...bad 4 your HEALTH at the end (but i still eat em like crazy)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-8 14:54:35 |Display all floors
I still remember the taste of mooncakes of old times. They don't have varied shapes and they have only  "五仁" filling, but they are delicious. I wish I could go back to the past and taste the mooncake then!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-9 09:16:23 |Display all floors

thought people still continue the old way...

i thought people still use the conventional mthod of baking mooncakes not like in NEW YORK  

i guess mass production is the key to strike 4 success...no more old school style  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-9 09:24:50 |Display all floors
I don't mind to eat some mooncakes. Too bad I have to order them online.
问世间情为何物,乃是一物降一物.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-10 03:31:53 |Display all floors

where're y'at...

Originally posted by chinesequeen at 9/8/08 08:24 PM
I don't mind to eat some mooncakes. Too bad I have to order them online.

you mean 2 tell us you CANT find em (wing wah mooncakes) at your local bodegas  

we have plenty of em in NY...visit me in NY & take some home   ;P

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.