Author: jordan_c_fan

What Could London Do to Match Beijing Olympic Great Openning/Closing Scenes? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-30 22:07:02 |Display all floors

my lucky reply to #13, English Teachers.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-30 23:39:25 |Display all floors
I remember there is a song was sung like this: I believe you can dieeeee.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-30 23:41:49 |Display all floors
This is a very good dream, but it is also a worst joke I have ever heard.  Nice Try though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-31 02:23:27 |Display all floors

London can be quite charming

Originally posted by pjtran at 2008-8-27 22:46
then she would just be FINE...the greatest show will go on from there  

PJ has a good point there.

I think the poms should just be themselves rather than try to trump the Beijing Olympic. Just be Brits as only Brits can and you will be fine. 007, Aston Martin, long queues, bubble and squeaks, smelly tube... the lot.

When the time is closer, Tourist Board should offer 'advice' to Chinese visitors on how to survive London. Some Brits can be a bit rowdy when worked up, especially those soccer hooligans.

And don't forget to be extra snooty to those colonials from down under.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-31 02:37:12 |Display all floors

Glorious Plans

They do have glorious plans.  

Did you see that 80,000 stadium shown with animated plans on the telly?  It was so simple and elegant.  You just add one layer at a time, and voila, it would be a wonderful venue.  

Right now there is not even a hole in the ground.  It is just a slum, and 2012 is only 4 years away, and the Brits have not even started appropriation of funds yet.  Given the well know British efficiency in public works, you should help out when you say your prayers tonight, and chant "God save the queen!!"  But it is not clear whether the Church of England actually prays to the same God as yours.  So just say "good luck."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-31 02:40:57 |Display all floors

More lies tong?

Originally posted by tongluren at 2008-8-31 02:37
Right now there is not even a hole in the ground.  It is just a slum

You can view the time lapse footage on the 2012 website ... and then you can see that tong is lying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-31 07:58:26 |Display all floors
London has a theatre musical scene and tradition

if i had any input I will concentrating on that.Opening ceremony will be played out from Shakespeare time to modern times.

Stick to the arts contibution London has contributed and showcase it in a theatrical performance.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.