Author: buddy35

China and its People: The Most Envied Civilization [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-5 09:24:11 |Display all floors

Reply #63 renegadedog9's post

It's probably because some Chinese folks seem to have the need to think they're the oldest and most civilised nation, but walking around the streets of China and trying to catch a bus during rush hour shoots that theory right out the window. China does have an ancient a venerable culture/civilisation but I think none can claim to be the best as they all have faults.
BTW, on TV last night, I heard a claim that the Disney story "Cinderella" originated in China. It kinda gets a bit much to hear such claims all the time and I wish it'd stop! China is a great nation, wonderful people and an ancient culture but it sure as hell isn't ehe "end all-be all". Next thing, we'll hear that China invented the locomotive, automobile, internet, computer (maybe the abacus), TV, radio, penicillin, electricity, the theory of relativity and all the other great life changing inventions before the people who actually invented them, did. When will it stop one has to wonder!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-9-5 09:28 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-5 13:42:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-9-5 09:24
It's probably because some Chinese folks seem to have the need to think they're the oldest and most civilised nation, but walking around the streets of China and trying to catch a bus during rush h ...

I hope buddyemptybrainchangabula

can read and understand what you said

he is embarrassing all our chinese people

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-6 15:24:38 |Display all floors

Reply #66 buddy35's post

No, I think nobody wants to cause strife in China but you're doing a good job of causing more than enough all on your own despite the fact that you're not in China, which is BTW, far from glorious (Olympics aside) and is far from the utopia you continually contend it is. Try coming home and living here and we'll see what you say then!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-7 15:27:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-8-25 18:33
This was a comment by another poster:

China with its huge land, pure race, superior culture, great economy, great technology, strong military and nukes, most thoughtful l ...

We must suit for envied amid our development,when one counry stronger than themselves',they must feel much panic and scare,feel lost something,and conflict with you,and struggle against with you by hook or crook. Mind your own business,and the dice is cast.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-7 19:24:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-9-7 09:11
Buddy'35's every thread and most of his posts cause 'the great Chinese civilisation' to be globally recognised as being the stomping grounds of savages that aspire to be the world's leaders by putt ...

You are just the kind of a man that I would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
Don't take this the wrong way, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-8 10:50:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-9-7 19:24

You are just the kind of a man that I would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
Don't take this the wrong way, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

it is his job devoted to spreading ignorance!!! - according to the 3 great sin of

Greed,HAtred&Ignorance
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-8 11:28:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-9-5 09:24
China is a great nation, wonderful people and an ancient culture but it sure as hell isn't ehe "end all-be all". Next thing, we'll hear that China invented the locomotive, automobile, internet, computer (maybe the abacus), TV, radio, penicillin, electricity, the theory of relativity and all the other great life changing inventions before the people who actually invented them, did. When will it stop one has to wonder! ...

Look kiwi,
I don't know what langauge you heard that from and i don't know the true motive behind your claim but i just wanted to tell you that I won't believe what you said and i won't believe that.

Everyone knows that during the 18th century the time when China reached it low by closing its door with the Qing government being ignorant. Electricity was bought in and introduced to china so is many other later human inventions we see today.

Chinese people might have and i'm sure we do in many field contributed the basic concept and theory of most inventions and westerners took it and further advanced it but we didn't invent most of the things you listed.

What you said showed people that chinese people are trying to show-off, which is not true

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.