Author: buddy35

China and its People: The Most Envied Civilization [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-29 20:52:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-8-25 18:33
This was a comment by another poster:

China with its huge land, pure race, superior culture, great economy, great technology, strong military and nukes, most thoughtful l ...

Agreed !!!

Say out the truth !! Isn't it?

Some one said it must be very understand China very well,Chinese are very pragmatic,do what they have said,just like they pledged both Olympics games had same wonderful,and they have a undaunted spirit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-29 22:27:35 |Display all floors
Blatant Anglo Lies:

Originally posted by salmonfish at 2008-10-29 06:04
FACT: China is the only country in the world where more women commit suicide than men.
FACT: China has among the highest teenage suicide rates IN THE WORLD.
FACT: According to psycological surveys, Latin Americans are happier than their asian counterparts regardless of social standing.

Once again we see the lying Anglos posting their  lies without any references.
I have just looked up statistics for Suicides per 100,000 people per year.
Guess what?
Countries like France, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium, Finland and a host of other European countries have more suicide.

Why do these Anglos lie through their back teeth?
Do these lying Anglos not realise that we would look up what they say?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 05:49:40 |Display all floors

Reply #142 buddy35's post - You cannot debate properly

It is not blatant lies For starters, you don't even refute what I said (I said nothing about overall suicide rate), and choose instead to give your post a bold, provokative, racially-charged title in some kind of rhetorical stunt....so your post is sorta pointless....to think you are a senior member.....

But I found somthing, check this out: China Daily How do you deal with that eh?

So those 'facts' (a word which should always be treated with caution) still stand, two of them verified by China Daily itself....

I would also like to point out that I am not  'anti-china': I have lived in China and have many chinese friends who I value a great deal. I admire many aspects of china's history, culture and national character - reflected in the number of chinese friends i have and the great amount of time i have spent studying Chinese. As someone thoughtfully made clear above, there is a difference between admiration and envy: the assumption that others envy china (which is the natural but illogical assumption of many concerning their respective nation), and the nationalistic sentiments that lie beneath the quote with which  you started this thread, buddy35, are parts of the chinese national character that I find quite distressing and nauseating, and certainly do not admire.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 08:55:06 |Display all floors
It's pretty much true. The only thing that Westerners might envy about China is that they have old Chinese buildings and they don't. About the same as how Americans envy Italians because they have old tenuti in the Tuscan hills. On the whole, pretty superficial.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 13:16:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-10-29 22:27
Blatant Anglo Lies:

Once again we see the lying Anglos posting their  lies without any references.
I have just looked up statistics for Suicides per 100,0 ...

Dear Buddy - Salmon is a FISH

& something FISHY in BBS waters now
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 22:27:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-10-30 13:16

Dear Buddy - Salmon is a FISH

& something FISHY in BBS waters now

These lying Anglos are hilarious!
Everyone laughs at them now.

Everywhere you go in the world people laugh at how much they lie!
People around the globe have had their eyes opened after dealing with lying Anglos.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 22:32:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.