Author: buddy35

China and its People: The Most Envied Civilization [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-26 18:51:11 |Display all floors

Reply #130 buddy35's post

Once again, who's "they" and why should we envy China? I can find plenty to admire but nothing to envy, same as many cultures around the world.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-10-26 19:20:50 |Display all floors

Buddy35

Absolutely agree with this portion.

<quote> as Earth's oldest civilization, China is redressing itself and reclaiming its place in the world order.
The people of China have dealt with western colonialism and imperialism and now struggle to build something the world has never seen before. In just 25 years, the Chinese nation has achieved the most rapid economic advance of any nation in history.
From being a country where people couldn't produce enough food,  China has become the world's largest producer of fish and seafood.

A generation of Chinese now live in a style that shows how happy they are compared to those in the west.
They're hip, they're happy and they enjoy more freedom than in the west because China, today,  is flashy, sexy and zippy.
Nearly half of all post-graduate degrees are earned by women and women now make up 20% of the China's entrepreneurs.</quote>

But I think that all the Western countries are too immersed in their financial problems at the moment to envy anyone.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-29 04:18:44 |Display all floors

Reply #4 projeka's post

don't have to be aryan to be racist.... it was a comparison.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-29 04:21:46 |Display all floors

Reply #6 markwu's post

ohh you forgot persecution and stuff like that......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-29 04:23:35 |Display all floors

Reply #11 markwu's post

god..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-29 06:04:30 |Display all floors
Man, this is the lamest topic, the only reason to post is to shut down the halfarguements and bs and deflate ugly nationalist sentiments.

To begin with, nobody really does envy China.... apart from expatter.... to whom I would say: no, citizens of developed western democracies are too busy enjoying their civil rights, human rights, freedom of speech, freedom to worship, freedom of information, social welfare, good and often free healthcare (ok, not so much in US), free education, minimum wage laws, workers unions, consumer rights, 2.4 children, property ownership, transparency, lack of death penalty, lack of melamine-tainted dairy products.... oh and I almost forgot: the best quality manufactured goods China has to offer at bargain prices! Maybe it China's bs 5,000 year civilisation MYTH that outsiders envy? Stonehenge is from about 8000 years ago.... so maybe its not really that either....

FACT: China is the only country in the world where more women commit suicide than men.
FACT: China has among the highest teenage suicide rates IN THE WORLD.
FACT: According to psycological surveys, Latin Americans are happier than their asian counterparts regardless of social standing.

Besides, Plato said: 'I'd rather be a man than a happy pig'......

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-10-29 11:23:57 |Display all floors

salmonfish

I did not say I envy China.  Rather I agreed with certain selected sentiments as proposed by Chinese posters and relevant to their lives.

Read on.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.