Author: mandingo

Russian Soldiers Show Perverted US and UK Soldiers How to Behave! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-18 07:46:57 |Display all floors
I am sure emu is semitic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-18 21:23:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2008-8-18 09:46
I am sure emu is semitic

Sorry to bust the fantasy, but anglo-celtic-huguenot lapsed Presbyterian, actually.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-19 16:43:23 |Display all floors
The perverted US and UK thugs were sanctioned by Rumsfeld to torture, mutilate and rape civilians at will.

Rumsfeld defended the Bush administration's decision to detain enemy combatants without protection under the Third Geneva Convention. There was therefore a large amount of pressure from many American organizations and international bodies to enforce the Geneva Conventions. Because of this, critics would hold Rumsfeld personally responsible for the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse scandal

Compare the Russians who were told by their commanders to treat their captives with respect!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-30 00:37:32 |Display all floors
You wouldn't get Russian soldiers committing crimes against humanity and geting away with it like this US soldier:

Jury finds former Marine squad leader not guilty in killing of detainees in Iraq

By CHELSEA J. CARTER , Associated Press

August 29, 2008

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - Jurors wept and embraced former Marine Jose Luis Nazario Jr. after acquitting him of voluntary manslaughter in the killings of unarmed Iraqi detainees during a fierce 2004 battle.

Tears rolled down Nazario's cheeks and courtroom spectators openly sobbed and cheered Thursday. He is the first U.S. veteran tried by a civilian court for alleged actions in combat.

"It's been a long, hard year for my family," Nazario said outside the courtroom. "I need a moment to catch my breath and try to get my life back together."

Jurors took less than six hours over two days to find the former sergeant not guilty of charges that he killed or caused others to kill four detainees in Fallujah, Iraq, on Nov. 9, 2004. The detainees were shot during a battle — marked by house-to-house fighting — that was considered one of the fiercest of the Iraq war.

Nazario had been charged with voluntary manslaughter, assault with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm during a crime of violence. He could have faced more than 10 years in prison if found guilty.

Prosecutors had urged the jury to convict Nazario, saying he violated his duty as a Marine and must be held accountable for his actions in Fallujah.

Juror Ted Grinell said the panel acquitted Nazario because no witnesses testified to actually seeing the shootings and there was "not enough evidence to point that he was guilty."

Jury forewoman Ingrid Wicken said the panel was not making a statement with its verdict, but added: "I think you don't know what goes on in combat until you are in combat."

Minutes after the verdict was read, jurors shook hands with and hugged Nazario and his sobbing mother, Sandra Montanez.

Nazario's attorney, Kevin McDermott, said he believes the verdict will curb similar federal prosecutions in the future.

"I don't think they are going to put on a case in the future with a lack of evidence," he said.

Nazario, 28, was the first former military service member brought to trial under the Military Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Act, which was written in 2000 and amended in 2004 primarily to allow prosecution of civilian contractors who commit crimes while working for the U.S. overseas.

It also allows the prosecution of military dependents and former military service members accused of committing crimes outside the United States.

His attorneys did not call any witnesses. They argued during the trial that a conviction by a civilian jury would have lasting effects on combat troops, who might fear their actions could be judged long after they left the military.

The case against Nazario rested primarily on the accounts of former comrades, including two of his squad members who have been found in contempt of court for refusing to testify in court. Other former Marines testified during the five-day trial that they did not see Nazario kill the detainees but heard the gunshots.

The squad members who refused to testify, Ryan Weemer and Jermaine Nelson, are still in the Marines. They are facing murder charges in military court in connection with the shootings.

Outside court, Nazario told The Associated Press that he had no ill will against the Marines who testified against him.

"After all this, they are still my brothers. I wish them the best," he said.

Nazario said he wants to return to his job as a Riverside police officer. He was fired by the department shortly after his arrest last year.

"I just want my life back. I want my life to be how it was before this all started," he said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-30 22:00:20 |Display all floors

my lips are sealed...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-31 17:53:55 |Display all floors
Exclusive: One in 10 prisoners are former servicemen

By Justin Penrose Crime Correspondent Justin.Penrose@sundaymirror.co.uk 31/08/2008

8,500 war veterans are in prison .. another 3,500 on parole

Almost one in 10 prisoners in Britain's jails are former servicemen, shock new figures reveal.

Soldiers with horrifying experiences of war are returning home and turning to drink, drugs and violence, according to the National Association of Probation Officers (NAPO).

At least 8,500 ex-servicemen are behind bars in the country's overcrowded jails, making up 9.1 per cent of the total prison population of 93,500. Another 3,500 are out on on parole.

At least 90 per cent of them were in the Army.

The rise in the numbers of exservicemen in prison - up from 5,500 in 2001 - is being blamed on the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Experts say the huge number is due to soldiers seeing the horrors of war on the frontline and having no one to turn to when they get back. NAPO's assistant general secretary Harry Fletcher said: "This situation is shocking - it's really worrying. The military is the most represented group - apart from the unemployed - in jails, which is incredibly sad."

The NAPO report says: "In the vast majority of cases there was evidence of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. There appears an absence of stress counselling.

Stress counselling should be made available without delay and would drastically reduce the number of former service men being jailed."

Mr Fletcher added: "Judges are more likely to give custodial sentences to people in the Armed Forces because they take the view that people in the forces are taught to be responsible and should know better.

"Instead they should take into account the man has been to war and been exposed to some pretty horrific things."

Plaid Cymru MP Elfyn Llwyd, whose concerns prompted the report, said: "This is a national disgrace."

Lord David Ramsbottom - former Adjutant General and the ex-Chief Inspector of Prisons - said: "The figures are alarming... soldiers often join the Army to escape problems, and when they leave they find themselves with no support."

An MoD spokesman said: "Robust systems are in place to treat and prevent PTSD and other stress disorders."

------------------------------------------------------

They are suffering for the evil things they have done in Iraq and Afghanistan!
Russian soldiers do not suffer like this because they don't murder civilians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-18 07:42:50 |Display all floors
Axis of Child Abusers

A video shown on BBC TV on February 11, 2006 shows British soldiers savagely beating and kicking unarmed Iraqi teenagers in an army compound. Officials at the Ministry of Defense are said to have investigated and established beyond doubt the authenticity of the video.

Shot secretly “for fun” as a home movie from a rooftop in Basra in southern Iraq by a corporal and shown to friends at a home base in Europe, it was given to the News of the World later by an anonymous whistle blower. The footage shows soldiers pulling four Iraqi boys in their early teens into their army base after a riot and beating them with batons, then punching and kicking them repeatedly on the body and head and between the legs. Within the space of one minute, some 42 blows are rained on the four teens whom the whistle blower said “were just kids” who did not even have on shoes.

One soldier can also be seen kicking a dead Iraqi in the face. The unidentified cameraman can be heard laughing and urging his colleagues on with vulgarities.

This, mind you, is kinder gentler Britain, whose exemplary interaction with the locals at Basra was held up as a model for American forces. The new video shows this up for the nonsense it is; the Brits on tape are every bit as gung-ho and turned-on torturers of detainees as the soldiers at Abu Ghraib were.

– Axis of Child Abusers by Lila Rajiva, 13 February 2006.

--------------------------------------------------

Contrast the way Russian soldiers behaved recently!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.