Author: wchao37

Debunking Columbus and Da Vinci -- Gavin Menzies   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-2 19:18:00 |Display all floors

Reply to fatdragaon Post #68

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-2 22:16:22 |Display all floors

Reply #20 caringhk's post

Actually, you're right except they weren't stolen. When i was a kid, they used to be called "Chinese gooseberries" but I have no idea how and why the name changed or how we got to name them Kiwifruit. Don't start on the deported stuff again, it's old and weak.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-3 07:19:00 |Display all floors
Well, the last few posts highlight the usual:

Whites on one side of the argument, Non-whites on the other!

The white man will do everything in his power to discredit or keep hidden any new evidence on the subject.

What a bunch of sad neaderthals with closed minds!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-3 11:25:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-3 12:21:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bonchu at 2008-8-2 19:18

Hahaha!

A submarine junk appeared on the Western Horizon and thus the West copied the 'genius' design of the first submarine in the world China buit.

And who copied the discovery?

Ah,  ...

That was actually a Dutch guy called Cornelius Drebbel who stupidly stole the design of the ships bell without realising the true genious of the junk that had washed up on European shores.

[ Last edited by fatdragon at 2008-8-3 12:22 PM ]
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-3 20:08:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-3 21:07:50 |Display all floors
I'll come back to you.  I want to check on some facts in the Chinese sources, not the Western ones.

I think it has something to do with the Ming Court intriques.  Emperor Yung Le was determined to find the lost emperor who might return to re-claim the throne from him.

That's one theory.  I need to check further.

Zheng He's trips were political in nature -- he was in the service of the emperor directly and not for finding trading partners.

The Chinese ambassador mentioned by Menzies was there 1434 -- one year after Zheng He's great ships were prevented from venturing out again after 28 years.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.