Views: 21404|Replies: 106

How Can China Manage The West's Decline? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-26 05:03:24 |Display all floors
We can clearly see that events are shifting from West to East!

The west is in decline.

The East is rising and reclaiming its rightful position.

Equilibrium will be acheived!

However, there may be turbulent times ahead, so how should China manage these events?

[ Last edited by buddy35 at 2008-7-26 05:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-26 05:13:52 |Display all floors
How can China prevent the USA from declining too quickly?

If the US declines too quickly, then its dollar will decline quickly!

This may mean that the euro replaces the dollar as the world's leading reserve currency.

If this happens, then the decline of US economic influence globally will quickly accelerate.

What effect will this have on China?

How can China manage its fallout?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-26 11:14:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-26 10:23
I think that's not a job for the present China administration - they are too much burdened with domestic issues.

Leave that challenge to those who know what's at stake, will you, B? I can assur ...

Well, they ARE burdened with domestic issues for sure.

Just look at what the Wenchuan Quake did in the short space of a few minutes.

And the after-quakes that came after them -- so unreal!  Another person died due to one such aftershock yesterday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-26 11:35:00 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-26 10:23
I think that's not a job for the present China administration - they are too much burdened with domestic issues.

Leave that challenge to those who know what's at stake, will you, B? I can assure you, Europe can take care of itself without China having to 'manage (its) decline'!  
quote]

You are a plonker. Now China is the big part of the world! The world including the Europe can't ingore China!  That is Why Sarkozy the dwarf president has to make up his mind to attend the opening ceremony of Beijing Games. He never understands the Olympism but being with a politico! His attendance is out of political and economic concerns.

Your old woman Merkel is  far narrow-minded and short-sighted than Sarkozy. She only enjoys Bush's massage at the summit.

China will play a more important role in the world economics after the upcoming Beijing Games.

mit Nazi, sepp, seneca.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-26 11:58:38 |Display all floors

Reply #5 cnoabt's post

Hiya cn. Just because China is a significantly rising player on the world scene doesn't mean the Sarkozy "has to" attend the opening ceremony in Beijing. This is just trying to overplay something that many world leaders have done at many previous games. I sincerely doubt that the world wants to ignore China and as you've said, it can't but to think that the world needs China to manage things in the world is maybe, a little bit oif an overstatement. The world needs China to step up and fulfill her role in the UNSC which she's starting to do. The world needs China to be non-belligerent, which she appears to be doing and the world needs China to realise that world doesn't owe China a damn thing....nor does China owe us but, from many of the writings we see in this BBS, amongst others, it'd be easy for the uninitiated to hypothesise that this is, indeed, what our Chinese forumite friends are suggesting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-28 09:05:24 |Display all floors
If you have doubts that Europe can live without her extra-European territories, think again.
Does Britain come to your mind? The world's biggest ex-coloniser is in enviably good national health. ManU is well-known throughout China, Rolls Royce jet engines are driving aeroplanes made by Airbus, and yeserday I drank another GUINESS dark beer bought in Guilin.

Wait a minute.  I think you're misquoting buddy35.  No one is saying, as far as I can tell, that "Europe can't live without her extra-European territories."

Of all European nations including those newly independent after 1990, fewer than a quarter of the tally can claim to have a colonial past, so your statement here talking about "Europe" and "Extra-European territories" is largely moot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-28 09:49:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-7-26 05:03
We can clearly see that events are shifting from West to East!

The west is in decline.

The East is rising and reclaiming its rightful position.

Equilibrium will be acheived!

they are Declining for sure..........u have seen how heavyweights those people weighs .......pls check with correction for pics
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.