Views: 3201|Replies: 21

Who's a waste of space? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-25 10:04:42 |Display all floors
British scientists at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine have blamed fat people for global warming because they use up more fuel to transport them around and the amount of food they eat requires more energy to produce than that consumed by those on smaller diets.

Personally, I blame all that hot air coming from from scientists consuming vast amounts of paper in the reports that they write.  What about big people - there are plenty of big people who weigh more than me.

So hands up all those round here are in the spotlight for this antisocial crime? Who's the waste of space? Comments on a postcard please to keep emission levels down.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 10:10:40 |Display all floors
It gets worse - Scientists at Warwick University claim that spending time with fat people increases the chances of becoming obese as carrying extra weight comes to be seen as normal.

Well, at least I have an excuse now - thanks Warwick.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 10:16:48 |Display all floors
Fat but cute.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 10:26:25 |Display all floors
Perhaps TraderVic's thread has some relevance which examines the global prices of a Big Mac - enough calories to last my wife for about 2 days.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 10:39:44 |Display all floors
Human beings are all carnivores who everyday consume a great large numbers of other animals especially tamed ones.

So,the great scientists have to invent new materials to stuff Man's appetite instead of present meats.We should blame them:why are you still here blaming the fat guies?Why not make Man no desiring of a fat pig?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 10:45:55 |Display all floors
But if being around a fat person can make you fat, why is it that I don't loose weight around my wife who's a British size 6 (American size 4, European size 34).
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 11:01:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hardluck2008 at 2008-7-25 10:39
Human beings are all carnivores who everyday consume a great large numbers of other animals especially tamed ones.

So,the great scientists have to invent new materials to stuff Man's ...

But I have a friend who is not a carnivore as he does not eat meat and he is twice my size. Actually, he looks similar to my avatar.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.