Author: thepeop

One China, indivisible [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-18 12:38:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2008-7-17 23:37
Correction- indeed not- the military thing was just something I noticed in very small amounts on Chinese language discussions on Mongolia (try searching on baidu).  Your rape analogy is worth thinking about- the reason I am interested, and felt I could bring the subject up, is that other 'humiliations' are so frequently mentioned by Chinese posters here and in China in general- so I thought people would have no problem discussing the past.  Let's face it, if I started a post on the opium wars no Chinese poster would answer 'I don't want to talk about it, it's too painful'.

But that does not tell us your motive in asking such a question, does that??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 12:41:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-7-17 18:29
We will never forget the humiliation at the hands of the brutal tribes from Europe  ...

We still remember Ghengis Khan with a sense of fondness.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 14:50:58 |Display all floors
"But that does not tell us your motive in asking such a question, does that??"

I have a feeling that when you say 'motive' you are looking for an 'ulterior motive'.  Why do people read books about the Han dynasty?  Why do people discuss which bands are their favourite?  Why do people read and write posts here that have little to no relation to their daily lives?  Answer- they are interested in those things.  Being interested in something is sufficient motivation- not everything humans do is for material gain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 15:01:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2008-7-18 14:50
"But that does not tell us your motive in asking such a question, does that??"

I have a feeling that when you say 'motive' you are looking for an 'ulterior motive'.  Why do people read ...

Hey thepeop, I merely ask what's your motive, why give me such long and irrelevant answer?
Or perhaps, you do indeed have a hidden ulterior motive which you don't want to say it here!!
Don't tell us, then don't ask!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 15:04:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2008-7-18 15:01

Hey thepeop, I merely ask what's your motive, why give me such long and irrelevant answer?
Or perhaps, you do indeed have a hidden ulterior motive which you don't want to say it here!!
Don ...

he is definitely not the Pope

but the POKE poking noses everywhere
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 16:50:59 |Display all floors
"Hey thepeop, I merely ask what's your motive, why give me such long and irrelevant answer?"

Nothing irrelevant there, and it wasn't that long either.  My motive is INTEREST!  Why do you do the things you do?  Why do you talk about the things you talk about?  Do you need a 'motive' for all of them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 17:01:50 |Display all floors
Actually, maybe you can understand what I mean if I turn this round.  Correction, what's your motive for reading and posting messages on this site?  Caringhk, you seem to have a massive number of posts- what's your motive?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.