Author: chinadaily

China's economy to become world's biggest in 2035: study [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-10 08:30:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 7/9/2008 03:30 PM
... it seems that article from Melbourne Age was deleted - and this one inserted.  I wonder why?

No matter...

business
theage
com
au
if-china-slips-on-oil-it-will-learn-that-distance-is-tyranny-20080708-3bxp
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 08:35:38 |Display all floors

Achilles' heel - per Capita GDP

Originally posted by chinadaily at 7/8/2008 09:03 PM
However, the Chinese standard of living will remain lower -- with per capita GDP in China between half and two-thirds the level of that in the United States in 2050, according to the report.

Keidel said poverty will remain a significant problem in China for decades despite considerable progress.

"It is hard to overemphasize how poor China was 30 years ago," he said.

But amid the economic boom, he noted: "Measures of inequality in China have increased dramatically since 1978, raising the possibility that dissatisfied groups left behind by its booming economy will eventually pose problems serious enough to derail its longterm growth."

Hm... looks like someone slipped up in publishing this "good news" - that last bit of analysis can be a very, very big Achilles' heel - especially for a country of 1.5+ billion people.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:07:08 |Display all floors

Not as big...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-7-10 08:35

Hm... looks like someone slipped up in publishing this "good news" - that last bit of analysis can be a very, very big Achilles' heel - especially for a country of 1.5+ billion people.

...a problem as the $26 trillion of bad loans in the U.S. (from your age.com.au article). The U.S. economy will go belly up long before China even approaches that scenario.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:10:04 |Display all floors

Not so surprising,

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-7-10 04:30
... it seems that article from Melbourne Age was deleted - and this one inserted.  I wonder why?

Oh yes, that nagging issue of the cost of transportation and inefficient tooling eating away a ...

considering it was posted by someone with your posting credentials.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:19:28 |Display all floors

<chuckle>

Originally posted by peterb at 7/9/2008 08:10 PM
considering it was posted by someone with your posting credentials.

Oh, I do not know <he who shall not be named>, (or is that Wassim Chao?) - considering your track record at m u z i and other places - I seem to be doing okay.

Then again, only one of us is truly playing by the rules of the China Daily Management.

Regardless - as the Melbourne Age article, which was fully posted here by a nicer mod, stated:

And perhaps more frightening is a report published by the London Telegraph on Monday that China oil prices threaten the blowing-up of the Chinese economy and the demise of the Chinese economic model, as distance from markets threatens to impose a harsh tyranny. The great oil shock of 2008 is bad enough for us, writes the Telegraph, citing some very solid sources. It poses a mortal threat to the whole economic strategy of emerging Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:23:25 |Display all floors
Keep dreaming, tv.

BTW, who takes notice of your posts, other than Satsu?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:34:00 |Display all floors
Whoever deletes them.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.