Author: yuan_zcen

Girl in SW China protest drowned [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-10 08:05:09 |Display all floors
It seems seneca can't even accept the idea that the Chinese government isn't, as a whole, a corrupt and abusive body and that sometimes people lie or believe rumors about government abuse.

I'm not familiar with what happened. It's possible all officials involved are corrupt, local officials are obstructing the investigations by higher officials, or that it was all just a rumor that spun out of control. I for one have my doubts that a provincial investigator would be trying to provide political cover for the son of a local cop. So I doubt a cover-up.

That said, even if there was no rape this doesn't mean the girl wasn't murdered. I can't really say, I don't know nearly enough about the case. However, if the evidence is verifiable, that is, that the young girl's hymen was not torn, I think that pretty much rules out rape.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 12:40:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cnoabt at 2008-7-9 20:56

Well, how do you know what they think? Do you speak any Mandarin? Did you interview with them at close quarters? What are their full names? Any telephone numbers for us to verify what you asser ...

Did you? You know...maybe you're right. Maybe they were in the street to cheer her soul into the afterlife. Maybe the people were protesting for extra towels at the country club! Or maybe you're an idiot...
After all...you didn't interview them at close quarters (whatever that means...), and please make sure that you get their names and phone numbers so that we can identify the trouble makers and extract them from the general populace at a later time. Just for re-education of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 12:52:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by broken_heart at 2008-7-10 09:05
My debate still stands that the word is still spelled protest no other way...

Oh, that's what you were on about.

Well you know darn well that certain words are filtered.

That's my reason, if CD has removed "protest" from the filter list, then well done and thankyou very much.

Until the day when CD filters no words, but swearwords, you are just gonna have to get used to words with punctuation marks included.

(Note, this post has been edited extensively due to other words which apparently trigger the filters)

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-7-10 02:59 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 18:19:13 |Display all floors

Reply #61 emucentral's post

Who are you to dictate to them?

(Note, this post has been edited extensively due to other words which apparently trigger the filters)

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-7-10 02:59 PM ]

This must be pure rumour for I haen't changed a word of mine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 19:18:55 |Display all floors
emu will continue to big note himself . He thinks he is so important the whole of the Chinese secret police is there to monitor his every word and expression !?  The hallucinations from the man is mind boggling . It is always the moderators , the filters , the natives , the bias and never his own fault for posting dirty little nonsensical ditties about myths and fables . The man is something else . Haha .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 22:29:55 |Display all floors

Test post #2

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-7-10 21:18
emu will continue to big note himself . He thinks he is so important the whole of the Chinese secret police is there to monitor his every word and expression !?    ...

T A N K
S P L I T
T I B E T

Test post #1 had the above three words, without spaces between the letters
It was filtered and did not post immediately.
(EDIT: 6 hours later and Test post #1 still not seen)

Case closed.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-7-11 06:32 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 23:31:26 |Display all floors
I wonder whether it's a sensitive issue for native Australian to get their land back and drive out the unwanted convicts.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.