Author: yuan_zcen

Girl in SW China protest drowned [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-12 20:30:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kokasta at 2008-7-5 12:52
obviously someone has an axe to grind.... to instigate the public to mob the government to manipulate the whole event going. and some ugly echoes heard from here as well.

i choose to believe in  ...

thats a fools bet

that girl was murdered and everyone in china knows it, and the governemt officials involved in the cover-up should all be put to death.

[ Last edited by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 08:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-12 22:52:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-7-12 18:10

Who is this Chief Inspector of whom you speak.
Is he a real bloke, or a fictional role model ?

Unfortunately, Chief Inspector Chen Cao, is just a fictional character from the pen of Qiu Xiaolong.

I've enjoyed the earlier books in the series, not so much the later ones.  

I prefer reading about Inspector Chen's assistant  "Detective Yu Guangming", who seems to be more of a regular guy, living in a small apartment,  and trying to raise a kid,  with his smart, hardworking wife.

As several other fans on the Amazon website have said, I wish Qiu Xiaolong would expand the rolls of some of the secondary characters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 03:32:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-10 10:26

And what makes you make such bold claims about me, mybuddy? Have I ever begun a thread on China's - endemic many say - graft, nepotism and corruption? You are right: No!

You were responding to a report from a provincial official by saying there's a cover-up going on. It seems you simply refused to accept the possibility there was in fact no abuse taking place and instead saying that not only was there an act of abuse by a local official, but that it went even higher up the chain seemingly even to the national media.

And by gosh, the coppers do deserve a lot more critical scrutiny and many knockbacks before they can be regarded as reformed, matey!

I wasn't saying they're reformed or that they shouldn't have scrutiny, but you were just latching on to a negative report about the government as though it was truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 08:22:12 |Display all floors

Infant Terribilis .!

Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 20:30

that girl was murdered and everyone in china knows it, and the governemt officials involved in the cover-up should all be put to death.

May I present you , and the world , our new , fearless and brainless chief of police . She has declared that a murder was committed and that is that .  Law enforcement from now on would be a breeze , the chief decides who has done what  from her lounge chair and every crime will be solve in quick time . Thank you for taking on this post , babygirl  . We will ensure you do not run out of diapers . OK ?

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2008-7-13 08:23 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 10:34:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-7-13 08:22

May I present you , and the world , our new , fearless and brainless chief of police . She has declared that a murder was committed and that is that .  Law enforcement from now on would be a br ...

let me give you a lesson in hooliganism 101

and everyone from New York to Cleavland or in any major city world wide can confirm this

if you find a body in the river, she was murdered...

anything else is just smoke and mirrors..

oooo the autopsy said she drowned? well ... lets do it 5 more times, merely smoke and mirrors\

and then tell us 5 times that she didn't have sex before she died... we all feel a lot better knowing that she died without being raped... I'm sure she feels better to... its a scam...

of course she drowned...

thats why she was in the river...

the main point is that she was in the river

all other obvious evidence aside..

the fact that anyone was found in a river is proof of foul play....

and in China, the truth rarely matters, because those people judging listen to what they are told to listen to and nothing more

i have seen 4 grown drunken mafia men jump out of a car and practically beat a foreigner to death with lead pipes...

3 of them ran away and the one remaining told police that he was with 3 older ladies, and that in fact, it was the foreigner who jumped them...

they don't listen to any witnesses because both sides produce equally credible witnesses, the mafia produce strangers that crawl out of the wood work, and enter the police station claiming to be a victim or passenger, and have been attacked, with other mafia members claiming to have witnessed the whole thing

and they're so drunk they can barely stand, and it doesn't matter to the police they were driving a car when it nearly hit the foreigner and started the incident

they didn't even check the car for weapons, until they first informed the mafia members to clean out their car, in plain Chinese in front of the foreigner, and a few hours later strolled out to the car and found nothing..

the mafia member claimed to be a victim of foreign hatred toward Chinese and got an entire crowd of bystanders to want to kill the foreigner and his gf and about 500 stupid people, men and women of all ages completely trashed a taxi and nearly killed the innocent victims inside. even chanting that they should be killed...

all this went completely unpunished and the police station nearly voted to punish the victims but instead decided to let both parties go, but DEFINITELY refused to punish the mafia in anyway

so ya... screw your stupid BS, its completely transparent for what it is... and in china.. you need to be a little more upright than the "moral majority" and see a little bit past the smoke and mirrors of the evil house of guanxi..

its a murder, and worse yet, a cover up

[ Last edited by justbabygirl at 2008-7-13 10:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 11:02:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-13 08:59

77: Kodama: I accept your charge, Mylord and admit to being guilty as you said. Mitigating circumstances? Yes, I plead Mitigating Circumstances.... Someone as powerful as the police have to see to it that their performance is impeccable, impartial, just.

Can you say that of the P.S.B. with a fair degree of certainty?

I wasn't saying their performance was such, but acting like every piece of bad news is true simply because it looks bad for the government is not the right to go about criticizing a system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-13 12:45:50 |Display all floors

Lunatic baying at the full moon .

Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-13 10:34

if you find a body in the river, she was murdered...

anything else is just smoke and mirrors..

oooo the autopsy said she drowned? well ... lets do it 5 more times, merely smoke and mirrors\
.. ...

Where do I start with you babygirl ?  Read the trash you have offered in the quote .  I would be ashamed , truly ashamed , to attach my name to that sort of lunatic lines .  So all bodies found in rivers are due to drowning ? What if someone was shot dead with a gun and then dumped in the river , would he be classified as " drowned " too ?  I don't want to go any further with your lunatic lunge at logic .  Enough said .  You win . OK ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.