Views: 31405|Replies: 58

South China tiger photos are fake [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-6-30 01:13:18 |Display all floors
The controversial south China tiger photographs by farmer Zhou Zhenglong were fake, according to sources at a press conference of the Shanxi Provincial government on 29 Jun.

Zhou, a 53-year-old from the Zhenping county of Shaanxi who claimed to have photographed the tiger with a digital camera on the afternoon of Oct. 3 last year, was suspected of grift and arrested.

His tiger photos, first published on Oct. 12, had been used by the Provincial Forestry Department as proof that the rare tiger still existed in the wild at a press conference. The department awarded Zhou a 20,000 yuan (2,915 U.S. dollars) reward.

But Internet users accused Zhou of making the tiger images with digital software, and local authorities of approving the photos to bolster tourism.

That is a staggered success for the South China tiger matter, after all the flat cat photo has already existed nearly 9 months as approved “true photos”.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 20:03:00 |Display all floors

about south china tiger matters

i really feel shamed for that things.there are always  some people wanting to be famous using black ways! it makes me little relieved that he was punished by laws! what i don't want to believe is that our government ignored the fact on the behalf of themselves!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 20:05:58 |Display all floors
tigers are sinless

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 20:36:48 |Display all floors
My first thought was that it is nice to learn that some farmers are doing well enough that they can afford digital cameras and have the spare time to go tiger hunting (or working in a computer "dark room" as it turns out!)

It has always been possible to make fake photos and these days it is even easier. Perhaps the photos should have been inspected more closely when they were submitted.

But I think the long-term result will be that people will remember that the Shaanxi Provincial government did the right thing when the truth became known.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 20:47:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 22:28:19 |Display all floors

So many advantage relation inside

Think about the cause of matter. Why made a fake picture and initiate many attraction. only for fun? or something we don't know but can take advantage to those damn official...

the upstairs is right.. tigers are sinless...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-6-30 23:28:05 |Display all floors

now, i know why people used to refer china as paper tiger...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.